3 year old Philadelphia girl killed

Anthony

Super Moderator
phillyshooting.jpg
A 3 year old girl was shot and killed in the Grays Ferry section of Philadelphia.
The tragic incident happened around 9:40 p.m. Friday night, along the 1500 block of S. Etting Street near 27th Street, police said.
Witnesses told police that two men began arguing when one took out a gun and started shooting.
A stray bullet struck the girl in the left side of her chest, Police Capt. Michael Gormley said. Family said the little girl was getting her hair done on the front porch when she was struck.
Police arrived to the scene first. They put her in a patrol car and transported her to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, officials said. Officials said despite the doctor's efforts, she was pronounced dead at 10:21 p.m.
"There's nothing much you can say about this tragedy," said Mike Collins, the victim's cousin. "That was my little cousin. It hurts.
Authorities reported three other people were also hit by the gunfire. They said one of the two men involved in the argument was shot in the head. He was also transferred to the hospital by officers. Police say he is currently in critical condition.
A man and a woman who were bystanders, were also hit. The man was struck in the leg. He is currently in stable condition. The woman was hit in the arm. She was treated and released from the hospital.
Witnesses told police the suspect fled the scene on his bicycle. A person of interest that was near the scene is in custody, however police have not identified him as a suspect.
"That was my best friend's daughter," said Renee Bradford, a close friend of the victim's mother. "She was everything to us. She ran around like a normal three-year-old girl. She didn't deserve this.
She was simply trying to get her hair done. For her to get shot in the chest? She's a baby. No baby deserves to die like that."
A $20,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

This is the kind of news that makes someone wonder why there is so much violence. Why are young people not thinking rationally in the world we are living in? It is extremely sad when a three year old girl dies because of an argument that could have been resolved without violence. My condolences goes to her loved ones, especially her mom.

Gelsemium

Why there is so much violence and guns, anyone can go to a store and buy a fire arm, it's crazy and than innocent people and children die.

Muthoni

Gelsemium;I agree; it is unfortunate that someone can go to a store and buy a gun. It is illegal in my region to be in possession of a gun. That said, some people still manage to smuggle guns into the country. This little girl deserved to live a full life.

Strykstar

There are always ways to get a gun of course, but it's crazy that you can just go to a store and get one over the counter.
There really needs to be more control, in some countries only police officers carry them around and in the US I remember a few years ago a guy was watching an Obama speech while carrying an automatic rifle...

Peninha

I have seen a real gun in my life just once and I never saw a store that sold them, that says a lot about the differences from country to country.

mairj23

It seems like the good or innocent die young, but the devils live forever. This is definitely tragic and hard to understand. Why does the stray bullet always find a way to hit someone whose not involve in idiot behavior? Guess the higher power can explain this one.

Gabe

It's a tragedy that bystanders get caught up in these incidents that should not have any guns involved. I'm sure they have found who was responsible as there seemed to be quite a few people around. Th sad thing about the girl was she on on her own front porch which should be safe, even though for a three year old, she was up late.

lushlala

This is just too sad. I hate it when young, innocent children get caught in the crossfire. Why would you get guns out in the presence of children, when you know there's always the chance of stray bullets hitting the unintended?! I know this will annoy some people, but I still maintain that there is the need for more rigid gun control in America. The government ought to make it a lot harder to acquire a gun because some people are way too trigger happy to be trusted with something as potentially dangerous as a firearm.