500-pound Florida Man Uses Size To Resist Arrest

Anthony

Super Moderator
lgfloridaman.jpg
Florida police say a very large man allegedly used his size to resist arrest during an alleged domestic violence incident.
Howard Hendrix, 45, of Apopka simply resisted arrest by sitting down and challenging deputies to move him, according to authorities.
A 42-year-old woman called 911 to report that Hendrix was drunk and acting abusive.
“I need him taken out of my house,†said the woman to the dispatcher.
“Right now he’s not wearing anything. He is drunk and acting crazy,†the woman answered the dispatcher when asked for a description of Hendrix's clothing.
When police arrived to Deltona home they found Hendrix in the bathroom naked, but he agreed to put on his clothes.
However after Hendrix was cuffed, police say he became belligerent. He refused to walk out the house and dropped to the ground, forcing police to pull him out of the house and drag him to the patrol car.
"Hendrix was too large to put in a patrol vehicle," an officer stated in a report.
Police then called for a prisoner transport van to transfer Hendrix to the Volusia County Branch Jail in Daytona Beach
The 42-year-old woman claimed Hendrix poked her in the chest, slapped her in the face and shoulder and spit in her face. He also allegedly punched a hole in a wall and destroyed a chair.
Hendrix was arrested on charges of battery on a law enforcement officer, criminal mischief, resisting an officer without violence, battery causing bodily harm and driving under the influence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

There is one big problem of abusing alcohol. Most people are normal and peaceful citizens until they pick up that bottle containing alcohol. The police do a remarkable job dealing with all manners of criminals. I hope that he will learn from this experience to be a better citizen.

Gelsemium

This is a challenge indeed, resisting arrest by sitting down lol, always a new day at the job... :)

Peninha

Police officers need to be creative to deal with this kind of weight, the man should have cooperated though.

Strykstar

Quite a feat resisting arrest just by sitting down, maybe in addition to the police his wife should have also called a towing company.

pattycake

Quite a feat resisting arrest just by sitting down, maybe in addition to the police his wife should have also called a towing company.

HAAAAAAA!!!!

But seriously though...

I'm glad that the lady is okay and hope that she won't have him back.

mimsee

Lol! I shouldn't be laughing but I definitely am. Seriously, though, I can't feel any sympathy for someone who hates themselves so much as to do that to themselves. It's not easy to push your body to 500 pounds. My max weight was 350 when I was addicted to food and even that took me 22 years of constant junk food and no exercise to obtain.

I really hope that the lady sees that you can't try to love someone who doesn't even love themselves and move on with her life. He's not even a good man, regardless of his weight. She can definitely find better.

askanison

Another prime example of alcohol encouraging someone to be stupid. Why even add more charges to yourself like that. i realize he was drunk and that probably impaired his judgement and played a factor, but he sounds like an a-hole to begin with. Hopefully he will dry out in jail and decide to change his life for the better instead of sinking any lower.

Gelsemium

I don't know what was his goal when he resisted like that, was he expecting something good to happen, like the policemen giving up?

caparica007

Not only we can be in a bad situation, as we can always make it worse, come on, we got to face our responsibilities.

mairj23

It seems here in Florida, people are just crazy and weird. This guy probably was smoking something as well as drinking. Luckily that officer didn't get hurt or killed. Just another case from the Sunshine State.