California Woman Saved From Chimney, Then Arrested

Anthony

Super Moderator
Genoveva-Nunez-Figueroa.jpg
A woman in Southern California had to be rescued after police say she spent several hours stuck in a chimney of a home of a man who had recently broke up with her.
Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa, 30, was arrested Sunday for illegally entering the Thousand Oaks home.
Police responded to the home in the 1900 block of Woodside Drive around 5:45 a.m. after a neighbor called 911 and reported that a woman had been stuck in the chimney.
They discovered Nunez-Figueroa stuck in the chimney about eight feet from the top, said Capt. Renee Ferguson of the Ventura County Sheriff's Department.
In order to get her out, firefighters used jackhammers to break apart part of the brick chimney she had become trapped inside.
Nunez-Figueroa was finally removed from the chimney about 8:25 a.m. and was transported to a hospital to be evaluated, according to police.
The suspect, whose "intent was unclear," was known by the homeowner, Capt. Renee Ferguson said.
Authorities say the homeowner was not home the time of the incident.
The homeowner, who did not want to be identified said he met Nunez-Figueroa online and they had been on five or six dates.
“It’s actually the second attempt for her trying to access the inside of my house, from the roof,†the man said. “Which just goes to show you,†he said, “you have to be careful who you meet online.â€
Nunez-Figueroa's family has offered to pay for the damage, saying their daughter is a real good person.
Nunez-Figueroa bail was set at $2,500, her first appearance in court is Tuesday.

Attachments

• caliwomanrescued.jpg
    caliwomanrescued.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 978
Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

Love covers a multitude of sins; her family still thinks that she is a good person irrespective of the fact that she has trespassed into someone’s home twice. I agree that it is necessary to be careful with the kind of person that you meet online. Truth be told it is necessary to be extra careful when dealing with people because a normal looking person may actually be very sick in the mind.

Peninha

I think that this robber was not very clever, or in alternative was she walking in her sleep? :p

caparica007

Come on guys, the woman could have got hurt there, but I admit there wasn't much planning in this robbery attempt.

Strykstar

I think that while you are all assuming that she wanted to rob the place, they had been on a few dates, maybe she just wanted to surprise him?
Maybe she was dressed as a sexy Mrs. Claus?

pattycake

I doubt that her intentions was to rob the house. It appears that the chimney was the only opening into the house and the only way she saw to get in because she apparently has no breaking in entry skills. And it also appears that her motive was to refuse rejection. It saddens me to see people behaving this way, and hopefully, this experience has taught her a lesson in self control. This guy is not worth climbing in the chimney and getting arrested for.

mimsee

She didn't want to rob him, I don't think. She seems to be obsessed over him after they've been on a few dates. ALWAYS check on the people you meet online! It can be hard to judge a person's mental state over the internet.

Last edited:

pattycake

She didn't want to rob him, I don't think. She seems to be obsessed over him after they've been on a few dates. ALWAYS check on the people you meet online! It can be hard to judge a person's mental state over the internet.

But that's the whole problem. A lot of people are not looking for any mental state of mind. A recklessness or happy go luckiness in character is the actual attraction bringing people together, so they're not looking for safety and mental stability and can't find what they're not even looking for. It's like with little kids playing with matches. They don't mean to start a fire and burn the place down because they're looking for something else.

SF13

I saw this on the news. When he came out of the Chimney she looked like a character from a black and white comedy skit. Good thing she is alright. I doubt she wanted to rob the place, but if you tell someone, "No." They should accept that you don't want them. That should not be code for, "Maybe he'll love me if I climb down his chimney and get soot all over his couch."

Onionman

I could say it's poetic justice for the behavior of a woman scorned, but she didn't deserve that. She was lucky that she was rescued. I guess next time she'll maybe just send an email.

Allison2021

That woman was Crazy, spelled with a capital C. How dare she try to force herself on a man who wasn't interested. That was a form of stalking. That was a cruel act. I hope she goes to jail for a long time.