Colorado Woman Arrested For Pointing Rifle At Children

Rainman

A boy playing a clarinet in his backyard so riled an elderly woman who lived next door that she had to spring into action.
Cheryl Ann Pifer, 60, was arrested by Mesa County sheriff’s deputies, who believe she was drinking before allegedly threatening the children . . . Six other children were in the backyard and they said Pifer pointed a gun at them and yelled “Fire in the hole!†as the children ran away.
The rifle was not loaded but for threatening the children, the woman was arrested anyway and will be charged with
four counts of felony menacing, seven counts of reckless child abuse with no injure and one count of prohibited use of a weapon.
Serves her right. How do you start threatening a child with a gun? Wouldn't yelling at him have done the job?

helaofthenorns

That woman has anger issues. What if she was mistaken and that rifle was loaded? She could have killed that kid. Tsk. This is one of the reasons why I am happy that many people here in my country cannot afford to buy guns.

DancingLady

Guns need to be taken seriously, all the time. I don't think she needs to do serious jail time, but hopefully getting arrested and having some serious consequences will get her attention that she has some issues that she needs to deal with before she makes a more serious and dangerous bad decision.

ReDGuNNeR

Yeah, pointing a gun at anyone will probably cause some trama/stress and probably some underlying psychological changes. Especially a child who has preconceived notions about guns being dangerous and whatnot. The abuse charges are warranted because even if it wasn't loaded, there was still a great deal of harm done to this child. Such a sad story.

stevesxs9

It's sad when grownups do something stupid like this to children. I'm glad she's spending some time behind bars, and maybe this will teach her a valuable lesson.

Profit5500

Some people should not have guns in their possession. I know guns can be cool but being cautious with them is crucial. This lady could have killed those kids.

Muthoni

This is another story that makes a good point to avoid drinking if you have never tried to. Abuse of alcohol prevents ration thinking that is necessary when dealing with people. Maybe she kept shouting at the children over time and they would ignore her. She made a wrong decision that will land her in a lot of trouble.

LuckyGirl08

It is so crazy how grownups get annoyed by what children do. I am sure that when they were young, they made lots of noise to but there was no gun pointed at them for it. This woman has some serious mental and anger issues that need to be treated. Even though the gun was not loaded, she could have hurt someone if it was.