Disagreements?

thegrey1

Do you ever have disagreements with you superiors, or do you just kind of let everything slide and not worry about the way things are done, even if you don't like it? What are the repercussions if you DO disagree?

missbishi

I've never been one to start disagreeing mwith my superiors at work. My office is the sort of place where you put up and shut up and anyone who is thought to be a "troublemaker" is usually assigned the worst tasks and passed over for promotion.

Rainman

Even if you fell you are right, disagreements with superiors tend to end badly most of the time. No one loves to have his/her authority questioned and they'll do whatever it takes to "put you in your place."

I know an ex-cop who was [very] combative. He lost his job very fast.

wahmed

I think that's the worst thing you can do. I think you should point out something if you have a better idea but if they shoot it down you should back off. They do hold your job and future in their hands. The only time you should argue is if it goes against your beleifs or if their being y ethical.

musicmonster

I try not to pluck their last nerve and I really do my best not to offend anyone. However, if my rights are affected then I'm going to stand for it. I have not exactly encountered such disagreement that have reached the point of arguments or anything bad. Usually we just agree to disagree.

JoanMcWench

Cops disagree all the time. With their superiors or with their partner or with their everyone in their life. It's a natural human thing to disagree. I think more often than not you just have to take whatever your boss gives you regardless of what line you work in. You can make suggestions but don't expect suggestions to change much.

dyanmarie25

I have never disagreed with my superiors. If you want to stay, then follow the rules. That's one of the most difficult parts of being under a superior, you should always abide them no matter what, or you'll lose your job.

lushlala

I'm one of those people who finds it hard to keep quiet about something I'm unhappy about. My last job was no different and my voicing my opinion was viewed as me being negative! I think this attitude from employers is their way of shutting people up and down, because who likes being called negative? The minute I knew I was leaving, I stopped saying anything. This is why I hate the corporate world and its politics!

Gabe

In certain jobs you have to respect the chain of command, which is why experience counts. It's hard to have a boss who has less experience, but better paper qualifications. On a personal level I have fallen out with bosses, but most knew I was right and didn't want to lose their authority I have learned I am better off not being in a job where the management are inexperienced.