Ebola outbreak fear.

GlacialDoom

I really think that the authorities outside Africa have got the situation under control, as even the cases that escape at first are usually contained very quickly, so I don't really fear an outbreak. There was another Ebola outbreak before and it has been contained with the instruments available at that time, so there aren't any chances they won't manage to contain it this time.

Teens In Crisis

Honestly, I'm terrified of an outbreak. I lived just outside of Reston, Virginia when Ebola Zaire happened, and although nobody I know died, the visuals of the CDC suits, the tents, and the military vehicles has really stuck with me. If things get to 100 people in America, I'm out. Alaska or Australia, here I come.

mscolumalum

I'n not really that worried about it. As far as I know you can only catch it through contact with an infected person's bodily fluids. In my line of work I don't really come into contact with that my people so I feel like I'll be alright. In the off chance that I did contract it I'd start to worry then.

DancingLady

I think the biggest risk is to those who work in the hospitals where they may come into contact with a case before they know it is ebola. They need to take precautions in the ER to prevent this from happening so more nurses don't get infected.

dolittle94

Well from what I've seen and heard on the news, the government is doing what they can to prevent a major outbreak since thankfully it's not quite there yet. They are monitoring the ebola-affected countries and they have a serum that they are currently using to treat the disease. It's not a cure, but it's something. Another good note is that it's not as contagious as something like a common cold, and you can't get it from the air, water, or food. However, it can be transferred from an infected person by contact of the skin or bodily fluids, and luckily if a person is infected but doesn't have symptoms then they can't spread the disease.