Fox Anchor Arrested For Shoplifting

Anthony

Super Moderator
foxanchor.jpg
A Sacramento television anchor at Fox 40 was arrested last week after employees at a Coach outlet store recognized her during a local news report as the woman who stole over $2,500 worth of wallets, police said.
Authorities said that Sabrina Rodriguez and an accomplice allegedly stole 10 wallets worth $2,500 from the upscale retailer store in March 2013.
Her good luck finally came to end. Rodriguez surrendered last week to Sacramento police after a warrant was issued for her arrest.
The suspect is currently on leave of absence. Fox 40 released a statement in which it stated that “these charges relate to a personal situation with Ms. Rodriguez that is not related to her work at Fox40."
The Sacramento County District Attorney’s office has filed charges of grand theft, burglary, and conspiracy to commit a crime.
Rodriguez maintains that she is innocent of all the charges. She is currently out on $10,000 bail. She is scheduled to make a court appearance on August 29.
Police did not release any information about the accomplice.
[video=youtube_share;fSbNQkD8M7w]http://youtu.be/fSbNQkD8M7w[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

A moment of stupidity can change the course of a bright life. Sabrina thought she would get away with this crime; she has no one to blame but herself for the outcome. It is for our benefit to live an honest life because we avoid many problems. She could have afforded to buy a wallet, why shoplift?

Gelsemium

I am not seeing this person keeping her job after this, she threw her career away because of a stupid act, was it really worth it?

Peninha

Indeed, what's the point here, it has to be a disease, if she works on TV she's making good money, she has no need to steal.

Strykstar

I don't see how she had any need to do this, I imagine Fox pays pretty well, could she possibly be a kleptomaniac and needs mental help?

mairj23

The news lady finally makes the news, what a coincidence. Not much really to say here. She did the crime now has to do the time. She wont be anchoring any more news shows any time soon.

lushlala

It's so sad when this happens. We've seen so many celebrities do it, and I've heard it's more about the thrill of it than a need. I remember many years ago, the most high profile person who was in the news for it was Wynona Rider. Her career was never the same after that. The famous British chef Anthony Worrall-Thompson also did it. I think sometimes it's a lot more complicated that it appears, there may be mental issues involved.

Gabe

I don't think people should judge when they don't know the full story. It's a private matter and even when people are rich, it doesn't stop them committing crimes. Yes, it's criminal but she should have be stopped at the time as well. With CCTV it's evidence, but legally there are other procedures to consider like evidence.