How are cops handling citizens in states where marijuana is legal?

True2marie

I live in Washington state. Marijuana is legal here. So, more than ever, people are smoking this drug out in the open.

For me, this is a problem. Just as with cigarettes, the smell of marijuana is potent. I hate it. Smokers of marijuana don't seem to get that everyone isn't into their habit. And now, they really are out of hand.

How are police dealing with marijuana smokers in states that it's legal? I thought that federal law still applies and under this precedence marijuana is still illegal.

Ricardo187

Well, that's one of the reasons I am against it being legal. When it's illegal they are more careful while if it's legal it turns into an habit that you practise in the open.

PhilA

I actually think it's a good thing it has become legal, but I don't think people should smoke it out in the open.

askanison

I think it is good it is legal, but due to a contact high I don't think you should be smoking it in crowds or indoors. Treat it like regular smoking and have a designated area. The new will wear off soon enough and they will tone it down a bit believe me.

True2marie

I think it is good it is legal, but due to a contact high I don't think you should be smoking it in crowds or indoors. Treat it like regular smoking and have a designated area. The new will wear off soon enough and they will tone it down a bit believe me.

If people would smoke marijuana in designated areas, I would not be so offended by it. As with smokers, I would avoid those places. However, I think that since its legalization in Washington state people have just gone crazy. They only are thinking of the fact this drug is legal and not that everyone around them partakes in this activity.

I imagine that unlike alcohol, it can be really difficult to identify if someone is under the influence of marijuana, and even harder to prove it. I was under the impression that even thought it was legal, you still weren't allowed to just smoke it openly in public. I figure that is was the same as having an open container of alcohol in public and you could get in trouble for doing so.

bala

If the government states it is legal,there is nothing that the cops can do,than just sit and watch them smoke.If he really is interested in public health,he would ask them to smoke it somewhere else,beyond that,he can't do anything,nothing at all.

Profit5500

I live in Washington state. Marijuana is legal here. So, more than ever, people are smoking this drug out in the open.

For me, this is a problem. Just as with cigarettes, the smell of marijuana is potent. I hate it. Smokers of marijuana don't seem to get that everyone isn't into their habit. And now, they really are out of hand.

How are police dealing with marijuana smokers in states that it's legal? I thought that federal law still applies and under this precedence marijuana is still illegal.
I hear you I don't like the smell of cigarettes its bothersome. Marijuana being legal in some states it is quite annoying to me. I am not a drug person I just hope they don't make crack or cocaine legal. I don't know how the police would handle that since those are mostly the drugs they find.

Ricardo187

It's a drug that has effects and so people shouldn't smoke it in public or even be allowed to be drugged in public. These effects affect your mind and capabilities, which can pose a danger for you and everyone around you.