How often do people fight tickets?

milyjohnson

The people I know who get tickets usually pay them. My father did fight one ticket he got and he ended up winning the case. He won it because the cop never showed up. Maybe that's what other people do when they get a ticket. I would most likely pay the ticket, especially if I were in the wrong for getting it.

bala

I reckon around a fifth.Most of them wouldn't love hassles and they see it as a way of wasting time,which they don't want to.Rather than just fighting over a couple of hundred they would rather pay it off to avoid all the unwanted follow up actions.Personally i too am of the same opinion.It sure is a waste of time,because the probability of you being penalized is too damn high.
Oh wait..If i am penalized for no reason,i will fking contest it in a court.

js85

I think a lot of people will talk a big game about fighting a ticket, but then find it's easier to just pay and shut up about it.

Rahstyles

It all depends. Cause if the officer doent show up to court your good the case gets thrown out. I probobly say half 50 percent fight it. But mostly likely if the officers there they wouldnt win.

GemmaRowlands

I wouldn't say that there were all that many that were fought as far as going to court. The main reason for this is (a) people don't realise that they can actually do this and (b) they don't think that they can afford it. Most people, when given a ticket, would much rather simply pay it and get it over and done with rather than having to go through the legal system and not knowing whether they would win or lose anyway. Many people just feel as though it isn't worth it for them, and a lot of the time they're right with that. Most tickets are given for a good reason, and the public know that this is the case, and will almost certain carefully research their rights before bothering to go to court about it.

januz101

Contesting a ticket will not make your life more easy just the opposite. You have to take a day off for court appearance and sometimes it may get cancelled and thats a big hassle. So paying the ticket when you knew you have done something wrong is more easier than trying to avoid it.

Profit5500

I remembered there was a show called "Speeders" and basically had to do with following the cops and seeing them give out citations to traffic violators. The show ended having a version where the speeders contested their tickets in court. Most of the violators ended losing their cases and wound up with another fine on top of the one they had. You might as well pay for the ticket.

Rahstyles

I wouldn't say that there were all that many that were fought as far as going to court. The main reason for this is (a) people don't realise that they can actually do this and (b) they don't think that they can afford it. Most people, when given a ticket, would much rather simply pay it and get it over and done with rather than having to go through the legal system and not knowing whether they would win or lose anyway. Many people just feel as though it isn't worth it for them, and a lot of the time they're right with that. Most tickets are given for a good reason, and the public know that this is the case, and will almost certain carefully research their rights before bothering to go to court about it.

Would you show up to court most of the time? Or not?