Man Accused Of Killing, Mutilating Dog

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A 19-year-old man from Ohio has been arrested for allegedly killing and mutilating a family's pug after police found the dog’s tongue, an eye and its intestines in various locations.

Harley James Paynter, who turned himself into police to be questioned over the the horrific crime was arrested. Paynter is being held at the Licking County jail and has been charged with cruelty to animals, a second-degree misdemeanor.

Police received the disturbing call just before 2:00 a.m. Wednesday. Melissa Lanter, the owner of the 13-year-old pug named Otis told police her dog was mutilated by Paynter.

Lanter told police Paynter was staying at the house as a guest of her son. "I went upstairs and found my dog's tongue, and my dog is gone," Lanter told police. "He done something with my dog and he left." She also said she saw Paynter leave the house with blood all over his face.

"In 30 years, I've never had a call like this. It's gruesome," said Newark Police Sgt. Paul Davis. "The homeowner woke up in the morning and found pieces of the dog in the yard and in the house.†â€I hope this is the last time in my career that I have to talk about something like this.â€

According to a police report, authorities believe the suspect was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, but the report did not go into further detail.

Attachments

• HarleyJamesPaynter.jpg
    HarleyJamesPaynter.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,229
Last edited by a moderator:

hayrake

What could possible be going on in a person's mind when doing something like that? Do enough drugs and alcohol just turn people into barbarians? Or does it take someone with satanic leanings to begin with?
Personally, upon reflection, I'd go with the pre-existence of satanic leanings in a case like this.

Allison2021

Good Lord! I am so sad that dog and its owner would have to suffer like that.
Isn't that how serial killers start? Don't they begin killing defenseless animals? I wonder if that man was always depraved? It makes me wonder how many other animals has he killed. Has he killed anybody?

Onionman

There are some crazy people out there. What the dog did to deserve this is beyond me. I hope the full power of the law comes to pass and teaches this man a lesson.

pattycake

He did exploratory surgery on the dog. And he was definitely high or drunk when he did it. I noticed this tendency in men back in the day. Not saying that men commonly do this, but with some, they wonder how things are made, even living creatures, then gets bombed on something and do an exploratory surgery, cutting an animal open to see how it's made inside. It's usually small animals like hamsters, cats, or rats. It's sick, but it's what some sick men do. Jeffrey Dahmer did exploratory experiments on the guys he picked up. Remember?

And then that crazy Nazi doctor, doctor Fuglii or something. Remember him? He did all sorts of exploratory experiments on people too.

SamClemensMT

What could possible be going on in a person's mind when doing something like that? Do enough drugs and alcohol just turn people into barbarians? Or does it take someone with satanic leanings to begin with?
Personally, upon reflection, I'd go with the pre-existence of satanic leanings in a case like this.[/QUOTE
This absolutely sounds like a drug induced act of violence. Who could be so cruel to a pug of all breeds?
People should know that getting high can bring on spells of mania where you are likely to do anything.

Peninha

He did exploratory surgery on the dog. And he was definitely high or drunk when he did it. I noticed this tendency in men back in the day. Not saying that men commonly do this, but with some, they wonder how things are made, even living creatures, then gets bombed on something and do an exploratory surgery, cutting an animal open to see how it's made inside. It's usually small animals like hamsters, cats, or rats. It's sick, but it's what some sick men do. Jeffrey Dahmer did exploratory experiments on the guys he picked up. Remember?

And then that crazy Nazi doctor, doctor Fuglii or something. Remember him? He did all sorts of exploratory experiments on people too.

This might have been the case patty, either cases I hope some serious therapy is done on this guy so that he doesn't repeat this.

Peninha

This might have been the case patty, either cases I hope some serious therapy is done on this guy so that he doesn't repeat this.

SF13

I wouldn't do something like this to an animal that I intended to eat, much less the family dog. This is disturbing on so many levels.

pattycake

@ SamClemens

I'm sorry, but drugs don't bring on mania. But if somebody isn't rapped too tight to begin with, then drugs can make it a lot easier for the person to go off. It can't create something that isn't in the person. It can only help to bring whatever bad thing that's there out.

pattycake

@ Peninha

I agree with you that this guy needs some serious therapy. In fact more than therapy, but his can bounced in jail for a good while. I personally don't believe that such a person can be helped.

Gelsemium

I am an optimistic, so I believe in recovery, so I hope that guy gets therapy and gets better soon, for his sake and for the sake of the ones around him.

missbishi

I am an optimistic, so I believe in recovery, so I hope that guy gets therapy and gets better soon, for his sake and for the sake of the ones around him.

He won't stay in jail indefinitely so he really does need therapy to try and prevent something even worse happening when he is released. There is little use in commenting on what a terrible crime this is without hoping something is doe to prevent a recurrence.

Muthoni

This is so out of place. This man is invited into this home and chooses to kill the dog for no reason? It is such a cruel act that he killed and mutilated a dog that is part of this family. We can never know who people are. Besides, he just walks away with the dog’s blood on his face; this is one very sick person if we can call him that.