Man Allegedly Set Cat on Fire

Anthony

Super Moderator
catscene.jpg
Police arrested a man for allegedly lighting a cat on fire in front of his apartment building Friday morning.
NY police officers responded to a call around 11 a.m. about a dead animal in front of a Bronx apartment building located at 690 East 182nd Street.
According to authorities, the building superintendent provided them a video "of a male pouring fluid on a cat who was lying on the ground in front of the location. The male then proceeded to use a lighter to light the cat on fire before fleeing."
Police identified Ernesto Bailey, 31, through the video and searched the building until they located the suspect in his apartment.
Witnesses who saw the horrific act told police the cat was in front of the building when Bailey attacked him.
One witness said cat may have clawed Bailey when he approached the animal.
According to witnesses they said Bailey put the injured cat on a blanket. He then doused him in lighter fluid and set the blanket on fire.
“From there, I smelled smoke and looked outside and I saw something moving in the smoke,†said the witness who did not want to be identified. “I don’t know what possessed him to do that.
He must have some sort of mental issues. Only sick people, crazy people, do that. Like serial killers.â€
Police have charged Bailey with aggravated cruelty to animals, torture of an animal, reckless endangerment and arson.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

Some things people do in this life are almost unbelievable. A normal looking person may have severe issues that are not visible. This grown man allegedly set an innocent cat on fire; it does not matter if the cat scratched him. The cat must have felt threatened and was reacting according to its nature; he should just have walked away.

mairj23

Wow! What was the point of taken an innocent animals life. I just sit and wonder about the mind frames of today's society. Hopefully they'll catch this evil bastard and give him years for what he's done. A life is a life.