Man Claims To Be Police Officer, Tries To Stop Wife's Arrest

Onthemark

attachment.php

attachment.php

Police in Charleston, South Carolina released a dash cam video showing a man’s interference with officers as they surrounded his wife’s car at the end of a pursuit.

According to officials, police in Charleston attempted to stop 31-year-old Jamelia Logan on January 15 for allegedly speeding. The suspect, who did not cooperate with the officer, drove off and nearly dragged the police officer along with her car.

Police pursued Logan for a short time before she pulled into a parking lot. As officers surrounded the car, Calvin Logan, the suspect’s husband, exited a nearby vehicle and approached the officers, claiming to be an officer with the Charleston Police Department.

Police later learned, 34-year-old Calvin Logan is a former civilian employee with the Charleston Police Department. North Charleston Police later informed the Charleston Police Department that 34-year-old Calvin Logan was not a certified officer and was a civilian employee of the department. Logan, who was hired on Sept. 2, 2014, was terminated after the incident, according to authorities.

Calvin is facing charges of interfering with police and impersonating a police officer. In court, Logan told the judge he was an investigative assistant with the police department, however he did not complete the police academy and had to go back.

Jamelia Logan faces charges of speeding, failure to stop for blue lights and siren and resisting arrest while armed with a deadly weapon; in connection to police claims she fled during the traffic stop with the police officer standing in the open doorway of her car.

[video=youtube_share;E-PLQaLxo4w]http://youtu.be/E-PLQaLxo4w[/video]

Attachments

• CLogan.jpg
    CLogan.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 231
  • JameliaLogan.jpg
    JameliaLogan.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,922
Last edited by a moderator:

Kamarsun1

That's not right, you cannot be arrested for not showing your documents. I would take this case right to common law and file a claim so large I would own that town. All the cop should of done was write the citation and let her go. We have to get rid of the corruption with these racist cops.

JulianWilliams

That's not right, you cannot be arrested for not showing your documents. I would take this case right to common law and file a claim so large I would own that town. All the cop should of done was write the citation and let her go. We have to get rid of the corruption with these racist cops.

What a ridiculous comment. Cops need to apply the law as it is. Why should they have let her go? Why are you assuming them not letting her go was because they are racist? If the cops had been black you have said the same thing about them?

JulianWilliams

What's racist about some officers arresting somebody? If the cops would have been black would you have been OK with their actions? These ridiculous accusations of racism are only preventing any rational debate about this issue from taking place.

jeremy2

In light of what has been taking place across the states regarding police shootings, I suspect that maybe the suspect was a little nervous and she decided to speed off. But then again,she had no reason to drive off if she knew that she was innocent. The law should apply across the board and the police should remain professional when executing their duties.

SF13

They should both go away for a while, this is ridiculous. Bad enough that you don't stop when the sirens are going, but then try to drive off with the cop in tow? Then someone pretends to be an officer... bad business all around.

tanker

I see why he was dismissed from the police force in the first place, and not accepted for training. Not the brightest lightbulb in the box. Ofcourse he will scream racism in the end. Too bad when I scream racism it never works for me.

Onionman

It's almost funny that this guy thought he could get away with impersonating a cop! Admittedly, he knows enough about the police to be able to fake it to some extent. But even then by saying that he's cop, it doesn't mean that she should be freed anyway. Both deserve what's coming to them.

warmweatherwoman

When a police officer puts his lights one - YOU STOP..common sense. There is no evidence she felt she was in any danger to have drove off like she did. Yes, In light of all the police corruption being exposed about the nation it would of gone a whole different direction- but it didn't. She wasn't shot at, she was breaking the law by speeding and should of taken the citation and that should of been the end of it. Some people are so ridiculous! And as far as her husband impersonating a police officer to try and help- if you work for the police department you DEFINITELY know this is against ALL laws! Just a dumb move on both parts- I hope they don't reproduce -_-

donnalynn47

This is absolutely stupid. That woman needs to respect the law, he made a simple request to see her paperwork. She flat out caused the whole thing. Some folks make life hard for everybody. Obey the law of get put in jail where you belong. So the rest of us can feel safe.

dolittle94

What a ridiculous comment. Cops need to apply the law as it is. Why should they have let her go? Why are you assuming them not letting her go was because they are racist? If the cops had been black you have said the same thing about them?
I agree with Julian; that comment made by Kamarsun1 was completely ignorant. Not only did you just sound absolutely racist- which would really make you no better than the 'corrupt' officers that you are accusing- but you also are obviously not comprehending the whole situation. She was arrested because she refused to cooperate and drove off while the officer was still trying to get her cooperation and she could have hit him, then she resisted arrest for that. She basically got arrested because of her own stupidity; this has nothing to do with racist cops, police brutality, or plain injustice, just plain old stupidity. I'm not saying that their aren't corrupt officers, but I believe that number to be far and few in-between. You can't claim racist on every white officer that arrests a black person. Using the 'racist' card when it is completely invalid is a disgusting excuse for those people who don't want to accept someone's actions or who don't have what it takes to take responsibility for their own actions.

Gabe

Anyone that doesn't cooperate immediately loses any chance to explain things. the worst part is deceiving the police and trying to manipulate the situation and to influence it. Speeding is minor, but their actions made the case worse so they are to blame for trying to get out of the situation, when it could have been a fine.

westmixxin

No one can ever question is man's love for his wife he truly does care about her more than anything I've ever seen. If you're willing to go to jail just a protect her then this guy really is a true husband.

mairj23

The driver of the car was speeding, so technically, that's a charge. The husband did lie to try and help his wife and that's making false statements, which is another charge. People need to stop doing silly things in the first place. If you do the crime, you do the time.

katherine25

I agree with everyone else, how ignorant of a comment to say the police were racist when clearly they had enough grounds to arrest her. Had she not tried to drive away and unfortunately the law doesn't change just because she is black. She is no different than anyone else and should obey the law and had she done that she probably wouldn't have been arrested.