Man drives car into in-ground pool

Anthony

Super Moderator
drunkdriver.jpg
A Chicago man drove his car into an in-ground swimming pool Thursday morning in northwest suburban Barrington Hills.
The driver, Bikramjit S. Sian, 30, has been charged with driving under the influence, with a blood-alcohol content of higher than .08 and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident.
The incident happened around 4 a.m. on Longmeadow Court just west of Bateman Road, according to a statement by the Barrington Hills Police Department.
The homeowner told police she saw headlights from the car driving around in her backyard. Shortly after that the Honda Coupe drove straight into the pool. Police said the quick thinking homeowner went outside and pulled Sian out of the car.
According to the police statement, when police and crews from the Barrington Countryside Fire Protection District arrived to the scene, Sian told them three other people were in his vehicle. However officials found no one else inside the car.
Sian did not suffer any injuries during the crash, police said, but was transferred to St. Alexius Medical Center in Hoffman Estates for evaluation.
Police said they are still investigating the crash. Further details were not immediately available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gelsemium

That's something we don't see everyday a car inside a swimming pool, no surprise he was DUI, not even the worse driver could achieve such a stunt.

Muthoni

That man is very lucky; I wonder why people who love to drink alcohol cannot do it at home. The home owner is a hero whose quick thinking saved the drunken man’s life.

I hope that the shock that the drunken man went through will help him remain sober in the future. Luckily no one was hurt in this unfortunate incident.

mairj23

He's lucky that he didn't drown in the pool. This guy is clearly more than drunk. I guarantee you they find drugs in his system as well. Another fool makes the news.