Mom Accused Of Beating Infant Son To Death

Onthemark

attachment.php

A 17-year-old girl from North Carolina has been arrested and charged with killing her newborn son. According to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police, Daniela Villarreal was charged with murder and felony child abuse in the death of her 26-day-old infant son.

Police and paramedics responded to a 911 call around 4.20am Tuesday about an unresponsive child in the 2200 block of Canterwood Drive. When they arrived they found the infant, Luis Miguel Jr., unresponsive. Paramedics rushed the baby to Carolinas Medical Center-University, where he was pronounced dead.

After an investigation, police determined the little boy was physically assaulted, which led to his early death. Later that evening, Villarreal voluntarily went to the police station to be interviewed. Police said after speaking to her, she was taken into custody and charged.

The young mother seemed excited about having her baby, on her Facebook account she posted many photos showing off her pregnancy and she shared ultrasound pics. In one post Villarreal wrote: "Cant wait til this little Boy comes and Im able to do what i want!! I want to be successful in life!!’ Villarreal stated.

Attachments

• DanielaVillarreal.jpg
    DanielaVillarreal.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 567
Last edited by a moderator:

missbishi

Oh my word, this is shocking. I wonder what the full story was? One thing is certain, 17 is far too young to be having children. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure plenty of 17 year olds do raise healthy and happy children, but all 17 year olds are not the same emotionally.

Peninha

This is something that leaves me really sad, how can a mother kill a child? Sure, being 17 shows that she was not ready...

Onionman

That's so very sad. I hope she gets the help that she needs. We don't know the whole story, and who knows what's going in her head and her situation, but clearly at 17 years old she wasn't able to handle the situation.

warmweatherwoman

This is a horrible tragedy! I personally have my own experience with knowing someone who killed their infant child in an abusive manner- they served a 7 year jail sentence (which I believe was not harsh enough) The woman I speak of boiled water and poured it over the infant until his skin basically peeled from his little body. In this day and age we have teenagers having babies all the time..I don't think there is any excuse for physically harming an infant child- no matter what your mental state was. I do hope she gets the help she needs but I also hope to see she is punished accordingly for this crime.

Sweetheart

Its bazaar I don't care how old a female is. What kind of drugs did they pump into this girl in that hospital? I wonder what she said when she was questioned. Prescription drugs are only tested for 6 weeks before they are released. The Ambien episode in Texas proved that one right. They need to find out every single thing that hospital gave her right down to tylenol.

Gelsemium

Ouch, she is just 17, she has no business having a kid and the tragic result is that she killed the baby. :(

Kamarsun1

What is this world coming to? We have to many children having children ,it seems. Un-responsible parenting is a major problem here in the US, and we have to do something about it.

Muthoni

This is such a sad story. This girl was excited about having her baby until the responsibilities of taking care of him overwhelmed her. I do not think that she purposed to hurt the baby. Maybe she hit him in anger without noticing how much force she used. There is no justifiable reason for hitting a baby. At seventeen years old, she should have been advised how to take care of her baby before taking him home.

Gelsemium

That poor baby looks like an innocent little angel, so I wonder what he has done to deserve such a treatment, the girl totally lost it. :(

oraclemay

It actually seems as though she has a split personality. She wanted the child, but now she has killed it. It seems as though she has not had anyone to show her what she is supposed to do with a newborn child. It seems as though she does not understand how it must be taken care of.

jeremy2

Though she posted messages on social media pretending that she was eager to have the baby,deep down she had other plans.I guess the postings were meant to hoodwink the public that she had good intentions but apparently she hadn't.

mairj23

Very sad but these things happen so much, I've become jaded by them. Yes, this girl should spend at least 30 years in prison for this, if not more. She'll probably plead insanity and get a slap on the wrist as they all do. Maybe the law will start enforcing law soon.