Mom Hid Daughters Body In Fridge

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

After a five-month investigation, the mother of a 9-year-old girl whose body was discovered in a refrigerator has been charged with neglect, according to Houston police.

Last month, Ayahna Comb's death was ruled a homicide. Now, Amber Keyes, 35, of Houston, Texas, has been refused bail and faces a charge of injury to a child for allowing the girl to die.

Back in June, police were called after a neighbor found 9-year-old Ayahna Comb’s emaciated body wrapped in a blanket and weighing just 14 pounds. Officials say Ayahna, who suffered from cerebral palsy and was confined to a wheelchair, died of malnutrition and dehydration. “By not providing the proper parental care or seeking medical and/or professional assistance for Ayahna's condition, the defendant caused injury to Ayahna by omission, which led to the death of Ayahna due to neglect,†court documents stated.

[video=youtube_share;BxzBBVS7-aE]http://youtu.be/BxzBBVS7-aE[/video]

When police asked how she died, Keyes claimed she found her Ayahna unresponsive and couldn't revive her. She told authorities she didn’t know what to do with her daughter’s body, so she kept her in the refrigerator and continued to also use it for food storage over the following six months, according to court documents.

Police say Keyes neglected to call 911 or report the child’s death to authorities. Authorities also discovered Keyes continued to collect the girl’s disability benefits.

Her other young daughter has since been taken into protective custody.

Keyes still remains in custody and her bail is set for $50,000.

Attachments

• Keyescharged.jpg
    Keyescharged.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,605
Last edited by a moderator:

pattycake

Oh... My god... Sigh....

She definitely didn't say anything to keep the disability checks coming and put her child in refrigeration to keep the body from smelling. Sigh.... She's not worthy of a bail. I just hope that the other child will be placed with a nurturing caretaker. Sigh... This is really too much.

Can anyone not see that the mother is a child herself?

SamClemensMT

This is just out of bounds. Funny thing is I don't believe the mother was insane. More likely she didn't want to report the girls death so that she would be able to continue receiving aid money intended for the little girls care. God have mercy.

pattycake

Something has got to be done about child abuse. The incidents are multiplying too rapidly and the states are doing nothing to raise awareness about it. I would really like to see that changed.

Onionman

That's so very sad. How can a mother live day to day knowing that she has killed her child (or if she is telling the truth, her child had died) and kept her in the fridge? That's so incredibly bad. I feel sorry for the other child that lived in the same house not knowing what her mother had done to her sister.

pattycake

And she should also be brought up on charges of disability fraud. The selfishness of some people is just unbelievable. Once again, I sincerely hope that the other child will be placed in good hands.

dolittle94

This is just out of bounds. Funny thing is I don't believe the mother was insane. More likely she didn't want to report the girls death so that she would be able to continue receiving aid money intended for the little girls care. God have mercy.
I agree with you, and this woman has to be on a whole other level of sick to, not only let your child die of thirst and starvation, but to then store her body in the fridge just so she could continue to receive money for said child that she basically killed. The mothers that I have heard of in the news lately are completely senile and it makes me wonder if a law towards parenthood should be in place. People should have to go through some kind of trial, test, observation, evaluation, or something! If they don't qualify then they shouldn't be allowed to have children (make a serum that renders them sterile for all I care). Yes, this is a bit fanatical but who knows, maybe one day (and I understand that would be against some human rights, but really some rules have times where they need to be overlooked.

Muthoni

This sounds very heartless; she allowed her daughter to starve to death, kept the body in the fridge and continued with her normal life. She went ahead to correct the disability benefits without feeling any remorse. It is so unfortunate that we do not have the power to choose our parents.

Gelsemium

Some people are not prepared for parenting at all, but this sort of crimes really goes over the top, my heart is broken reading this.

warmweatherwoman

Its bad enough this child suffered from cerebral palsy and was confined to a wheelchair, but also having a mother that clearly did not care for her or about her enough to care for her properly. This sickens me and I hope this woman spends the rest of her days being reminded of this horrible crime she committed!

pattycake

Some people are not prepared for parenting at all, but this sort of crimes really goes over the top, my heart is broken reading this.

Exactly. Parenting isn't something we have an aptitude for just because we can procreate and think that we do. It's gonna be a whole different story when that child arrives to life. The ineptitude of the procreators as parents will surely glow in the dark.

oraclemay

I think that children have always been abused, but that it has been hidden. Today it is much more exposed because of the technology we now have. I am unable to comprehend what it is that makes a mother do this to her child. If caring for the child was too much, she could have given her to someone else.

Even a young child would know that you should not do this and would instinctively nurture another. She should be charged and the law must take its course. She should go to prison and never be allowed to have another child. Shameful!

Strykstar

It's not just about not being ready to be a parent, this is the behavior of a monster with severe mental problems.

Sweetheart

This is sad, probably a sweet kid. The irrational behavior of somebody who has severe issues, money or whatever. Too bad someone didn't notice any of what she probably was doing before this. Nobody should hesitate to ever call child protective services if something seems odd.

hayrake

I agree with Strykstar. Severe mental problems here. No one could neglect their child to the point of death, store the body in the refrigerator and continue to use the refrigerator to store food, thus having to see the body every time they opened the door to get food and not be certifiably nuts. It just isn't possible.

jeremy2

This sounds very heartless; she allowed her daughter to starve to death, kept the body in the fridge and continued with her normal life. She went ahead to correct the disability benefits without feeling any remorse. It is so unfortunate that we do not have the power to choose our parents.

I'm shocked to see how heartless some mother's can be.Your own flesh and blood and someone whom you carried in your womb for 9 months,gave birth to and you act so cruel,barbaric! I lack the words to describe how i feel.She should have given her up for adoption if she felt her condition was too much for her.My heart goes out to her other sibling and i hope she finds someone else to raise her.

mairj23

Neglect, I say murder or manslaughter. I'm shocked at how the laws are still protecting criminals in this country. Who doesn't look in their refrigerator? I say the woman new she was in there in the first place and made it seem like neglect.

Gabe

I'm shocked that she said she didn't know what to do with the body. That goodness for nosy neighbors who seem recently to be the ones who discover bodies and kidnapped people. There are no words to describe the deliberate killing and watching her child suffer and then not give her any dignity in death. I should imagine she would have a hard time in jail.