Mom Let Child Drive Because She Was Drunk: Cops

Rainman

Another mom in the news for the wrong reasons? Yeah. Police [in BRATTLEBORO, Vermont] arrested a mother after finding their car parked in the middle of the road. A real danger not just to the passengers of the vehicle but to other motorists. A trooper who saw the car upon getting closer found out that a child was in the driver's seat while the mother who was dead drunk was on the passenger's seat. She was promptly arrested and will be charged with child endangerment.

DancingLady

Why would a parent get drunk when they had their child with them away from home!!! I don't even know why a parent would get drunk at home when they have children with them, but to do so somewhere else so they can't safely get home is just unbelievably irresponsible.

stevesxs9

Sounds like this mom has sunk to a new low. This is unbelievable and unacceptable that she would put her Child and herself in harms way. And also endangering the lives of Motorists on the Road.

Peninha

These people with kids and this sort of behaviors risk their lives and the lives of their kids, shameful, she should be looking after the kid!!

AlexF15

Those people are so disrespectful for their own children. If my mom ever tried to get drunk when she was the driver, I'd slap it out of her hand. I don't want her to die.

LuckyGirl08

They never mentioned how old the child was. Some children start driving early, but I do see how this is wrong. The mother should have never been drunk around her child. She probably felt like the child knew how to drive well enough in order to get them home safely. My father and mother use to let me drive on back roads when I was around 10 or 11 but they was not drunk like this mother. Anything could have happen when the child was driving and the mother would not have been able to control the situation because of her intoxication.

helaofthenorns

How old is the child? It's just weird because I am wondering why the mother drove to a bar or somewhere else with the child. Did she perhaps came from a party? Regardless, she needs to be taught a lesson.

Profit5500

This mother just got worst mother of the year award. How can you be so stupid to get drunk and then put your child in a compromising spot behind the wheel of a car. This lady deserved to be arrested and put to shame.

Muthoni

I feel so sad for this mom; she actually thought her child was better off driving instead of her being behind the wheel. Abuse of alcohol is a controlling problem that needs professional help. What I do not understand is why she did not drink at home so that she did not have to take her child in the car with her while drunk.