NYPD boycott of Chipotle Incedent

admin

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

The Chipotle Restaurant is denying that anyone refused service to officers who entered their establishment. According to a rumor that spread across the internet this weekend, when NYPD officers entered the Chipotle, employees refused to serve them and made the "hands up, don't shoot" gesture. Chipotle has said that the incident has been exaggerated way out of proportion to what actually happened. The story has evolved to now state that the police officers were denied service. The following image has been shared several times adding fuel to the fire:
On the Chipotle company Facebook page they are denying that the event occurred the way it is being described. A representative for Chipotle has stated that a single employee made the gesture and that the Officers were not denied service. The following is a statement released by Chipotle:

"[W]e work hard to be sure that all of our customers feel welcome in our restaurants and apologize if the actions of any of our employees suggested otherwise. When this happened roughly two weeks ago, we investigated and have taken appropriate measures to be sure this doesn't happen again. We do want you to know, however, that we did not refuse service to anyone, nor did our staff conspire to make a gesture. It appears that any activity that took place was undertaken by a single employee, spontaneously. I hope that helps."

Chipotle customers aren't satisfied, they are demanding to know where the employee was fired and calling for a public apology to the NYPD.

Chipotle has said they are considering all requests but have not yet released any other statements.

Attachments

• chipotle-nypd.jpg
    chipotle-nypd.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 213
  • chipotle-outside.jpg
    chipotle-outside.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,073
Last edited by a moderator:

Peninha

Positions are becoming too extreme, I hate to see the police and the populations turning their back on each others and I hope the situation goes back to normal soon.

Gelsemium

I agree with that Peninha and it's ridiculous these accusations that someone refused to serve police officers. Rumors are the worse.