Officer Rescues Elderly Couple From Burning Home

Onthemark

attachment.php

Authorities in Gilford, New Hampshire, say a police officer came to the rescue of an elderly couple whose house caught on fire Sunday night.

Officer Curtis Mailloux ran into the smoke-filled house and got the couple out, carrying one of them to safety.

All three were transported to the hospital to be examined for smoke inhalation.

Officials are investigating the incident, they believe the fire started in a wood stove in the living room.

Attachments

• OfficerCurtisMailloux.jpg
    OfficerCurtisMailloux.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 3,023
Last edited by a moderator:

donnalynn47

Now that is the kind of story I like to hear. Police officers do so much good, yet they get put down all the time. This man saved two lives I know that made him feel like he is making a difference in this world.

jeremy2

I just want to commend the said officer for his brave act.Were it not for his actions,it could have been a different story.Such cops do a great deal to uplift the image of the police force which sometimes is tainted by incidents of bizarre shootings.

westmixxin

It is interesting to see an officer in the news for actually doing something positive because lately it's only been about them creating a whole bunch and negative press for themselves.

Gabe

This is case where the local police do help the community. There is too much police bashing, but in small towns the police can and do save lives, because who else would be around in a snow storm?

dolittle94

It's nice to see that there is some good news among all the bad that I normally see. I agree with the rest of you; the police don't get enough good publicity to beat down the bad. The whole police force should not be condemned just for the small number of those who abuse and take advantage of their positions.

Onionman

I'm glad that we've finally got a good news story in relation to the police. There are obviously some bad apples in the force but they shouldn't be allowed to tarnish the good work that the rest are doing.

Kudos to the boy in blue! I love to hear all the good stuff. Police have one of the hardest jobs in the world and one of the most thankless jobs as well. Glad to see them getting the recognition they deserve!

thegrey1

And what do you want to bet the officer didn't even stop to find out what color the people inside the house were! He just did what a hero does. I am so tired of the police (as a whole) being maligned by the criminal element, and the race-baiters! These wonderful stories are out there all the time.They sadly don't sell papers or airtime!

mairj23

Finally a story of a Policeman doing something good for society. This guy is a hero and should get the purple Heart for his bravery. If we had more people like this in society, the country or the world would be a better place. I have so much respect this man.

oraclemay

It is always great to hear a good report about the police. All you ever hear a re bad reports Thank God there are still some dedicated police officers around.

I wish I had read this on Facebook, with thousands of shares. In fact, I may just make that happen, or try to anyway, for this story. This is the kind of thing we need to be hearing about our police officers, not just all the bad stuff. I would imagine that there really are far more officers like this than the ones the media likes to hold up as negative examples.

thomas pendrake

This illustrates a policeman doing his (or her) job. I wonder how many of the thug carrying a badge cops would do this? I hope this officer doesn't have to deal with someone who has been abused by one of the thugs, although I bet he would be polite and perhaps help heal some of the harm .

thomas pendrake

Finally a story of a Policeman doing something good for society. This guy is a hero and should get the purple Heart for his bravery. If we had more people like this in society, the country or the world would be a better place. I have so much respect this man.
Hopefully never a purple heart, but I am sure that there is some sort of award. Save the purple hearts for the thugs hiding behind a badge. (Purple hearts are for being injured in the line of duty)

Strykstar

I love reading about this sort of stories, it serves to remind people that police officers are real heroes and not just the crooks we unfortunately usually hear about.

This is great news since police officers have been getting such a bad reputation. I wish the best to all three of them. Being able to carry one and assist another out of a fire requires a lot of physical and mental work. Thank you police officers for your service and for protecting us!

katherine25

This is such an awesome story! I wish we could read more stories like this in the news instead of the usual negative that we normally get. Its stories like this that should remind everyone that cops are not out to get people and crooked people like they think they are, they are in fact heroes that we should be thankful for :)