Police Find Pot Plants After Helping Woman Into Home

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php
An Iowa woman who was locked out of her apartment was arrested after police officers who helped her get back inside found pot plants and drug paraphernalia in plain view.
Police arrived outside her residence around 12:25 a.m. Friday morning after neighbors called 911 to report that a female was banging on a window.
They say they found 19-year-old Jailin Turner "yelling and kicking the window" of her apartment and tossing a plastic patio table off the balcony because she couldn't locate her keys.
Police called the building's maintenance and management personnel. However when they could not get a hold of them, they called firefighters to break down the door.
According to the complaint, when the firefighters broke into her apartment, two bongs were in plain view.
Turner then gave police consent to search her home.
Police allegedly found potted marijuana plants under grow lights, an electronic scale and grinder.
Turner is charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, failure to affix drug tax stamp and disorderly house.
[video=youtube_share;3TYcwqDrWBQ]http://youtu.be/3TYcwqDrWBQ[/video]

Attachments

• JailinTurner.jpg
    JailinTurner.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by a moderator:

Peninha

How dumb can she be, having drugs around the house and causing a mess, so now she has the problem solved. Disorderly house though, really?!

Allison2021

What an idiot!
I am so happy she was caught. She is partially responsible for poisoning the community. Drugs are a toxic poison. Drugs prevent users from reaching their full potential. Drugs cause social ills such as crime. Drugs harm families. Drugged out moms cannot adequately care for their children. Then social workers and others have to step in to clean up the drug users mess!

Gelsemium

What's the point in banging on a window, was she expecting it to open? Not so clever of her, better if she had slept somewhere else.

Peninha

That is true, if she could not get in she could have avoid that the police was called and she would not be in trouble.

Strykstar

She's not very smart if she had the Police over and knew very well what she had inside her house...

SamClemensMT

This is why you should always bury a spare key in the yard, or keep an extra in your glove box. If you live alone that would be a smart thing to do. This young lady was banging on her own door, so it seems that she may have had a roommate or something. If not, her behavior was bazaar. Yet another reason to say no to drugs.

Muthoni

Talk about from the frying pan to the fire. She must have been high when the police arrived. I believe if she was sober, she could have looked for an alternative accommodation to wait for day break to sort out how to get into her home. Unfortunately this story does not have a happy ending for her or maybe I spoke too soon. Getting rehabilitated will be a good outcome.

Sweetheart

She was making a scene trying to get in so they help her and catch her. I am pretty sure that marijuana is legal in Iowa. "affix a drug tax stamp" Lol really that is interesting. She's selling it. She doesn't sound like she's very legitimate maybe a street dealer trying to go legal. They also charged her with a disorderly house, thats funny. I never knew that could be something you could be charged with, but I guess if you are trying to make a business legal. What a character.

mairj23

Talk about having a bad day. It's funny how things can happen at times. She gets locked out of her apartment, calls the police, then the police finds plants in the home. Not a very smart idea.

Gabe

She was obviously high as throwing a table at a window to get in is not what normal people do. Much better to find the handyman or call a locksmith, but the fact she gave them consent to search is her own fault, even if she was under the influence.