Santa Robs Bank

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

Police in San Francisco are looking for a man in a red suit and a white beard who robbed a Wells Fargo bank during the city's SantaCon street party last Saturday.

Authorities say the suspect took advantage of annual pub crawl called SantaCon, when thousands of holiday revelers put on their best St. Nick outfits and roam the city streets.

According to officials, the man walked into the bank around 1 pm on Saturday. He told the teller that he had a handgun, although no weapon was seen. He then handed the teller a demand note, and then walked out with an undisclosed sum of money.

Police say he blended into the SantaCon crowed filled with other St. Nicks who were drinking and partying in the streets. “The suspect decided to take advantage of this event dressed as a Santa,†said SFPD spokeswoman Grace Gatpandan. "Any other day, Santa would have stood out," she said, "but that day Santa was everywhere."

Authorities described the suspect as a 5-foot-11 white man in his 40s. Authorities have not yet made any arrests in the case.

[video=youtube_share;yFN_KPAgt1I]http://youtu.be/yFN_KPAgt1I[/video]

Attachments

• BadSanta.jpg
    BadSanta.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,037
Last edited by a moderator:

pattycake

This sounds like another work of fiction. He slips a teller a note and he or she gives him the money? Seeing no gun? I find that hard to believe. And the amount is undisclosed? Why? If they won't say how much, then why even bother mentioning the incident? Did they say that the teller will be fired for being so stupid? Or investigate the possibility that the teller knows the perp?

I'm sorry, but this has work of fiction written all over it. LOL!

hayrake

Bad Santa! I'm betting this won't be the only bad Santa getting away with something this year. Could be pattycake is right, too, about the teller being in on it. It would certainly have been an opportune time to make such a plan work.

Gelsemium

LOL, nothing like a Santa that is a robber to lighten up our Christmas mood, I wish we had no crimes in this season.

Sweetheart

I don't know. I've seen movies when they do something like this. Everyone's got the same hat and suit on to cause confusion. Santa con festival? Perfect time for the real santa con. I never get stuff like this. A note passed to a teller. What do they write? What are they going to do?
If I was a teller I don't think that would happen. I am so serious and professional. I probably would look them in the eye and say, "I'm sorry but I can't do that sir. Have a nice day." I don't think they do it anymore but there use to be armed guards in banks.

Allison2021

That was a sneaky way of robbing a bank. People may could hardly enjoy the festivities without a person taking advantage of the good cheer.
I am so happy that the cameras caught some of that bank robbing Santa. Once, his face is seen on the news they will recognize him. People will begin calling the police to have him arrested.

Sweetheart

I've seen things like this happen in a movie where a bunch of guys are wearing the same hat and suit while one steals something. What do they write on the note? I mean what do they think they are going to do? It use to be that there was armed guards in banks and they wonder why this happens.
I think if I was a teller because I am professional and so serious. I probably would ask them for ID and then say "I'm sorry sir I can't do that for you. Have a nice day." I mean what do they think they are really going to do there they know it is on camera.

jeremy2

This sounds like another work of fiction. He slips a teller a note and he or she gives him the money? Seeing no gun? I find that hard to believe. And the amount is undisclosed? Why? If they won't say how much, then why even bother mentioning the incident? Did they say that the teller will be fired for being so stupid? Or investigate the possibility that the teller knows the perp?

I'm sorry, but this has work of fiction written all over it. LOL!

This was the work of a real pro.He not only took advantage of the fiesta happening outside,but he knew that in light of recent world events, no cashier would risk his life for money which is probably insured.Nonetheless, i hope justice will prevail and that he will brought to justice.

Gelsemium

Pretty much as you say jeremy and on top of that the santa disguise protected kept him anonymous, a pro indeed.

Onionman

Well, the one thing you can say for him was at least he's enterprising! But a crook is a crook. It doesn't matter whether he's dressed in a santa outfit or wearing a striped outfit and mask over his eyes. He needs to be brought to justice either way.

Vidic15

What an absolute loon. It's a shame that the man takes something so innocent and turns it into the complete opposite. I am just pleased to hear nobody got injured and can only pray the authorities can find him soon.

Does anyone know if they found the suspect?

pattycake

This was the work of a real pro.He not only took advantage of the fiesta happening outside,but he knew that in light of recent world events, no cashier would risk his life for money which is probably insured.Nonetheless, i hope justice will prevail and that he will brought to justice.

So if you were a cashier or teller, and somebody came in with a note and claiming to have a gun, but you don't see it, you would just hand them the money?

Gelsemium

I would do it for sure, no way I would risk my life over money, I'd give them the money in a blink I think.

Peninha

What would you do patty? At first we might tend to defend ourselves, but is it really worth it? I don't think so right, what's more important?

SF13

Santa has to pay his elves somehow, I guess. Still, this Santa pulled off an almost perfect heist.If only his beard had been attached properly to his face. He got away, but a lot of his face has been captured. If he's ever picked up for something else they might be able to connect him to this.

I hope they catch this holly jolly, thieving butthole.

pattycake

I would do it for sure, no way I would risk my life over money, I'd give them the money in a blink I think.

Hahahaha. LOL!

Then there's no reason why we all shouldn't get rich. All we gotta do is write a note and claim we got a gun. LOL!

pattycake

What would you do patty? At first we might tend to defend ourselves, but is it really worth it? I don't think so right, what's more important?

I would at least ask the guy to show me the gun first. LOL!

I ain't handing him squat just because he slipped me a note. The note itself proves that he has no gun, so I would surely ask him to show it to me.

pattycake

I would at least ask to see the gun. Slipping a note indicates that there is no gun, so I would surely ask to see it. If I see no gun, then I'm giving no money.

missbishi

Too true, after all the banks employees don't get paid to put their lives at risk do they? I think most of us would hand the money over with out thinking too much about it.