Snowball Fight Leads To Stabbing

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

Police in Vermont say a fight broke out early Thanksgiving morning between two groups of men after snowballs were thrown at a vehicle.

Shoquan Glen, 21, of Burlington was arrested and charged with attempted second-degree murder. Police say Glen allegedly pulled out a knife and stabbed a man after a brief altercation.

The incident happened around 1:45 a.m. when a group of men walking down the street began fighting with a group of men in a car that stopped at the light.

"The people that were walking had thrown a snowball at the car and that was the beginning of the disturbance that occurred," said Burlington Police Sgt. Thomas Radford.

A 28-year-old man, who police did not identify was in the car ended up stabbed in the neck just missing critical veins. "The stab wound went into the victim's neck and missed critical arteries by approximately a centimeter," Radford said. The victim was transferred to University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington and is expected to make a full recovery.

Glen is also facing charges of giving false information to the police twice. Once after the snowball incident and a previous time police say he left the scene of a car accident and provided false information.

He is being held without bail.

Attachments

• ShoquanGlen.jpg
    ShoquanGlen.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 272
  • Shoquan-Glen_1.jpg
    Shoquan-Glen_1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,605
Last edited by a moderator:

Strykstar

He's lucky that he missed the arteries, or he would be looking at a murder accusation, and to think it started with just a snowball prank...

pattycake

It wasn't the snowball but an argument that broke out. A lot of people in their immaturity can't control their emotions, and will do something stupid in the heat of a moment that will later cost them lots of time in jail or worse.

SamClemensMT

Not that it should ever have become a physical altercation. I think the whole incident is ridiculous, but what happened to the days when young men would settle things with their fist. By the time weapons are drawn where talking about mortal combat. Over a snowball being thrown at a car?

Onionman

Something as banal as throwing snowballs can turn into attempted murder. Absolutely crazy. It's the way that violence escalates that bothers me. How something 'snowballs' to such an extent is beyond me.

Muthoni

[FONT=&quot]Young people today are so angry that they are waiting for provocation to hurt someone. This fight was due to throwing snowballs? The other day, I saw a young man from my window pull out a knife from his pocket because a donkey was on his path. He was prepared to stab it. Fortunately the donkey moved out of the way in time. We all need to work together to help our youth learn how to handle anger or other frustrations to reduce these kinds of incidents.[/FONT]

Peninha

I don't get how something as innocent as a snowball fight can end up in tragedy, what are people thinking these days?

pattycake

Not that it should ever have become a physical altercation. I think the whole incident is ridiculous, but what happened to the days when young men would settle things with their fist. By the time weapons are drawn where talking about mortal combat. Over a snowball being thrown at a car?

But that's just it. A lot of times a fist to fist fight results in a weapon being drawn, because the perpetrator loses the battle and refuses to check themselves. He or she flips out, and draws a weapon. I have witnessed this happen with my own eyes many times while growing up. When my big brother was whooping this guy who started a fight with him with his fist, the guy went for his gun, and my brother ran off.

Allison2021

Just think Vermont has the reputation of being one of the safest states in the union!

Was the 21 year old drinking or drugging? That crazy incident was not just about snowballs. It has everything to do with a society that is becoming increasingly lawless. Perpetrators of violence are given too many slaps on the wrist. I'll bet that guy gets charged with aggravated assault. He should be charged with attempted murder. Was the 21 year old drinking or drugging?

Sweetheart

This guy lives in Vermont? I don't remember if I have been to Burlington, but Vermont is kind of a really nice state. I guess people migrate to different areas. Like around here the unsavories come up from NYC because they can't afford where they are.
This one gave some false information, well thats what they do. Well hopefully the guy he jabbed is alright. The thing about this is where ever this guy ends up, once he does his time, he still gets out. There is no real rehabilitation programs for them. They just let them go and usually right where they are being held. Upstate NY the town one of the prisons is in they just are free to go and they stay in the town. I don't know it doesn't make sense they just let them out and they are still the same. The viscous circle continues.

mairj23

People today are ridiculous. A snow ball fight caused this, really? Hopefully the guy can recover from what this idiot did. Attempted murder is the right charge here and they should prosecute him to the fullest.