Suspect Forgot To Log Off Facebook On Computer In Home He Was Robbing

Anthony

Super Moderator
Dumb Criminal.jpg

Police say Nicholas Wig allegedly broke into a home in St. Paul, Minnesota on June 19. Before leaving the house with several items he decided to steal, the suspect thought it was a good idea to go on the victims home computer. He logged onto his Facebook account. That is when he probably committed one of his dumbest mistakes ever. He forgot to log off.
When the homeowner James Wood had come home he found his house had been ransacked. He soon realized his cash, credit cards and watch were gone.
As he was looking around the house he noticed a pair of wet jeans and Nike shoes. "It had been raining outside, Wood explained.
Wood continued to search the house and that's when he got his big break. He saw a Facebook page on his computer that was open. He didn't recognize the person.
“I started to panic,†he stated. “But then I noticed he had pulled up his Facebook profile.
Wood then came up with the idea of using Wig’s profile. He wrote Wig had burglarized his house. Wood even put his phone number to see if anyone would call with information. Wig texted him later that evening.
'I replied you left a few things at my house last night, how can I get them back to you?' Wood said. He said Wig agreed to meet up later that night. The suspect was under the impression that he would bring back the stolen items in return for the wet clothes he left behind. Wood then left his friend’s place and headed home. He saw a man walking on the street. He realized it was Wig. He recognized him from his Facebook profile. Wood immediately called the police.
Wood caught up to Wig and noticed the suspect wearing his watch. Police arrived shortly and arrested Wig.
Wood was able to laugh about the robbery after the suspect was arrested. “World’s dumbest criminal,†Wood said. “I don’t know.â€
“I’ve never seen this before,†Dakota County Attorney James Backstrom told reporters. “It’s a pretty unusual case. It might even make the late night television shows in ters of not being too bright.â€

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it even a good idea to check your Facebook in the house that you are robbing? Then, he also thought it was a good idea to get in contact with the person that he robbed? This is a very funny news story, and I hope that Wig has learned his lesson. Burglars out there, don't learn from this guy!

Gabe

One of the dumbest criminals ever and he deserves to be put away for his own safety perhaps? Fancy leaving your clothes behind and then responding to a Facebook message from the person you have robbed. Did he not think the police wouldn't be called?

mairj23

This might be the dumbest criminal in history. Wow! He actually logged into FaceBook. Some people are obsessed and consumed with this site. Guess he'll spend some much needed time in jail.

IshieVonDyson

Hahaha, I think I remember hearing about this story. Thought to myself, “Well, there’s a laundry list of things NOT to do if you want to rob someone!†Well done sir, hope you enjoyed your jail sentence.

lushlala

Hehe OMG I can't stop laughing, my ribs are hurting pmsl!!! No way, this can't be true?! How dim is this man, really? Some of this stuff you really can't make up even if you tried! They do say karma can be a right old b****! He gets the prize for providing me with a bunch of giggles, though :)