Suspects picked the wrong gas station

Anthony

Super Moderator
texasclerk.jpg
Please scroll down to see the video
A Texas convenience store clerk turned the tables on two accused robbers on South Wayside near Interstate 45.
Mayura Dissanyake who works at a Fuel Depot, also happens to be a semi-professional mixed martial arts fighter. He is a five time national champion in his native Sri Lanka.
"We learn how to punch, how to kick and all that stuff you can use in the streets," Dissanayake said.
Footage from the establishment shows Dissanyake running to his colleagues defense outside Fuel Depot in Houston.
As the coworker got out of his vehicle, the two would be robbers approached him and attempted to grab the money bag he was holding.
When he saw his coworker being attacked by the two suspects, he swooped right in and unleashed his fury.
"The first guy I saw, I just kicked him in the face," said Dissanyake. "Then I punched the other guy."
One suspect jumped in a waiting SUV and took off from the scene. The other wasn't so lucky.
"I just kicked him until he lays down on the floor," he said. "Until he stopped moving cause I wasn't sure if he had a knife or a gun so I wanted him to stop moving."
Customers who happen to witness the incident have described this as a 'feel good story'.
Odell Mathis, 33, was arrested and charged with robbery with bodily injury. Police are still searching for the other suspect and the driver.
[video=youtube_share;3GDtt4ofoAw]http://youtu.be/3GDtt4ofoAw[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

This is the kind of news that someone enjoys reading; it has the perfect setting like a movie. The apprehended man reached his forty days and it is time to pay for his crimes. It is very unfortunate that his partners in crime left him to face the music on his own. Young people must learn from the news that crime does not pay. I tip my hat to Dissanyake for rushing to the rescue of his colleague.

mairj23

Goes to show, never judge a book by it's or his cover. I bet they weren't expecting that fury from this guy. They'll definitely think twice before trying a stunt like this again.