The last time you had any interaction with a police officer?

TonyMHFan

My only interaction with a police officer in my recent memory is walking into a gas station and saying hello to the officer after he said the same to me on his way out. Don't think I'll ever need to talk to one more deeply than that. Hopefully I'll never have to.

Onionman

I honestly can't remember! It must have been about 10 years ago. I got into a small altercation with a guy and the policeman just happened to be in the vicinity. I don't go out of my way to find them or avoid them, to be honest.

jeremy2

Last week someone broke into my neighbor's house and since she wasn't around, i took it upon myself to call the cops. They arrived almost immediately and began their investigations. After close to three hours, and after they had interrogated everybody,they left in a huff promising to get back to me later on in the day.

rubydust

The last time I spoke to a police officer was about a month ago, at 2am when they had woken me up from a deep sleep by hammering on my front door. It was a very scary experience to wake up to that. I didn't know who it was, and it sounded as if they were going to break the door.

When I finally worked up the courage to go and look through the spy hole, I saw two police officers. It turns out they were looking for a teenage girl that my daughter knows. She had gone missing from home.

PrideKidd

The last time I had an interaction with a police officer was last year when I was bitten by a dog. It was very severe and required stitches. I called the local police station for help and when the officer came out he almost made me feel like it was my fault for being near the dog to begin with.

I was walking home and there was a dog and his owner on the sidewalk so I tried to outskirt them by walking in the street. The dog lunged at me as I passed by biting my arm...not just biting it but biting and clamping down for dear life. When I tried to get help it did not go very swell, the officer seemed very perturbed he had to come out for this kind of call.

kswan

The last time I had interaction with a police officer I was pulled over because my tail light was out. When the officer asked for my license and registration, my registration card was expired and on top of that I did not have my current insurance car. The officer was very nice because he could have had my car impounded that day. Instead he wrote me a ticket and I had to go to traffic court to show that my insurance was valid at the time he pulled me over. I paid a big fine that day in order to avoid getting points on my license. I make sure to pay attention to the dates that my insurance and registration expire now.

Around six months ago, I found a small baggie of acid tabs in the street. I took them to the police station. The desk sargeant asked where I'd found them etc, said thanks and I went on my way. I got a thank-you letter from the department a couple of days later.

how did you know what they were?

maybe 5 or so police officers spend their days off duty where I work at whole foods. from what I have seen, they more or less just chill and BS all day. someone told me they get paid to be there, and they are always in uniform. 1 of them is pretty cool.

JoanMcWench

A few days ago I was pulled over for, & I quote, "Riding a bike suspiciously through a known drug area." The 'known drug area' was a block from my home on my way home. We don't have many drug issues in our four block radius. Myself & our neighbours are pretty diligent about this. As they're checking me out I casually mention that to one of the officers & she apologizes to me. The other male officer? Not so much. Kind of a d_ck. Maybe that means 'duck'.

dyanmarie25

The first and the last time I had an interaction with police officers was when I was still in college, dated four years ago. We had to come up with a documentary video entitled "Women Behind Bars" for our Socio-Anthropology class, and we had to go to a real detention center to interview police officers and we were even permitted to ask questions to the prisoners.

marcamm

The last time was about a year ago, when an intoxicated man broke my windshield. The police assisted and reassured me nicely, and I felt totally relieved afterwards. They made a way for the drunkard to pay all the damage done. It was a nice experience, and noticed that when they were talking to the drunkard, they were serious and literally scary. However, when they talked to me, they were relaxed, gentle and reassuring. I think that some cops have a gentle side too.

Shockingly, the drunkard has a police officer for a friend and made him apologize to me at my place! I was touched by the act and even gave him something as a token of my gratitude.

Gelsemium

Great question, it's been a while, except if I consider a friend that I have that is a police officer. Either cases, I live right by the police station, so I greet that often, but it's pretty much good day or good evening.

timelord731

Someone broke into my home a couple of months ago when I was in it. I called the police and hid in my closet, knife in hand. The perpetrator was rummaging through my things when the police arrived. He panicked and tried to jump out of my window. Shattered his ankle in three different places. The officer arrested him promptly and I thanked him.

shilpa123

I have not talked to police officers for a long time. I do believe that the various reasons are that I am too decent to be enquired by the police. I hope I stay this sway forever.

jabay

I find that the police are sometimes not as helpful as they could be. I had a case of theft for a lot of money and the police said that it was not a substantial case because i bought something online and this was now a civil dispute. I thought that was the most useless interaction with the police one could have. We basically had to live with such a theft. I was extremely disappointed.

Josie

I think the last time was when I was 16. I was suspected of shoplifting and he was brought in to the store. He took me into a back room and I left feeling very violated. He didn't touch me at all; but he may as well have with the way he handled it. Disgusting.. I remember seeing him a couple of times after that and I broke down out of humiliation and sadness. Now, as an adult, I'm furious with him.. I wish I had done something about it, as I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I highly doubt anything would have happened to him.