Two Teens Allegedly on Crime Spree Of Stolen Trucks, Forged Checks

Onthemark

attachment.php

Two Kentucky teenagers who have been on the run since January 3 are believed to have taken off on a crime spree across the South, police said.

18-year-old Dalton Hayes and his 13-year-old girlfriend Cheyenne Phillips are accused of stealing a neighbor's red Toyota pickup truck. Authorities believe the two suspects may have gone as far as Indianapolis after eluding law enforcement and stealing two vehicles in the process, one of which had guns in it.

As police were chasing the couple, Hayes allegely drove the stolen truck through farm gates before abandoning the damaged vehicle and escaping by foot.

"It is imperative that these two be located and apprehended as their behavior is becoming increasingly brazen and dangerous," said Grayson County Sheriff Norman Chaffins.

The two suspects were captured on security video Monday inside a Walmart store in Manning, South Carolina. The couple allegedly used a stolen check that was made out for $20. The cashier gave them the difference back in cash, according to authorities. They allegedly used another stolen check, this time the amount was for $40.

The couple allegedly stole a silver Toyota Tundra that had .45- and .38-caliber handguns in the back seat, according to Sheriff Chaffins.

"We're hoping the two of them have enough sense not to do something with that gun and hoping it never comes to that," said Chaffins.

Police say the second truck was located on Wednesday, however they say a third vehicle was stolen within walking distance from the second.

"They’ve been playing cat and mouse with us, and the longer they’re away, the more desperate they’ll become,†Sheriff Chaffins said. “They’ve already stolen two vehicles, and they’re putting themselves, my officers, and the public in danger. We want to bring them in before it gets worse.â€

Police say anyone with information about two suspects is encouraged to call their local law enforcement agency.

Sheriff Chaffins had a message for the couple who have been dating for about three months. "This is not a game to us," Chaffins said. "Our biggest fear is that Dalton is not going to stop for the police, he's going to run every time they approach him and they get in a pursuit. When a pursuit starts and somebody is not going to stop, the outcome is usually not a good one."

[video=youtube_share;W7ztKOcmL-0]http://youtu.be/W7ztKOcmL-0[/video]

Attachments

• HayesandPhillips.jpg
    HayesandPhillips.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,417
Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

It is so unfortunate that these teens have chosen this path. The girl is too young to be dating this young man. I hope that this story will have a good ending. This relationship is bringing out the worst in these young people. I hope that they get help before it is too late. Maybe they think that it is a game; where are the parents?

jeremy2

I think this is a case of two teens whose hormones are in overdrive and in the process they embark on a dangerous mission which borders on stupidity and in the process,they endanger both their lives and the lives of other citizens.The sooner they give up the chase,the better.They can't run forever.

oraclemay

I cannot understand how any parent can allow their 13 year old daughter to date a 18 year old. This once again proves that children of this age are unable to make decisions for themselves. This young girl does not seem to realize that her life is being ruined and that she may not make it out of this alive! I hope that they will consider giving themselves up soon.

Onionman

It's hardly Bonnie and Clyde - unless of course they choose to use the guns that they now have in their possession. And it does seem a bit weird that an 18-year old is dating a 13-year old, though I'm guessing part of the reason they're on the run is because of the statutory rape factor.

Onionman

It's hardly Bonnie and Clyde - unless of course they choose to use the guns that they now have in their possession. And it does seem a bit weird that an 18-year old is dating a 13-year old, though I'm guessing part of the reason they're on the run is because of the statutory rape factor.

donnalynn47

I bet those two wish they would have kept their butts home. That is just crazy, but I guess they figured they would go all out. The boy is in really big trouble taking off with a thirteen year old girl.

westmixxin

The guy looks a little bit suspicious but the girl looks incredibly innocent. I wonder how she was manipulated by someone like him to actually pull off some stupid crimes like this. Makes absolutely no sense that individuals would decide to go on a killing spree especially at such a young age you have to be incredibly stupid board and slow to do something like this.

katherine25

Such a shame, they're so young and have their whole life ahead of them but the consequences of this will haunt them forever.