Unfair speeding ticket

jlee658

The other night I was driving down the highway following another car that was in front of me that was going really fast. I turned off the road and a police officer pulled me over. I said to the cop the other guy was speeding too and he said he knows. But I got the speeding ticket, I think it's unfair I got the ticket. Can I go and fight it?

dchalke

Why do you think you its unfair? You were speeding, you got caught. He can't stop all of you, only one at a time. You are responsible for the consequences of your actions. Pay the fine.

BryanOnAWire

Can you fight it? Absolutely. Should you? Absolutely not. You were speeding and you got a ticket for it. Pay the ticket and slow down.

bala

You can dispute it,but you were just unlucky on that day.The cops got you and ticketed you.Would you have felt happier had that other guy got ticketed too..?
If its an offence you ought to pay the fine..!!

Ricardo187

I speed very often, though, if I get caught, which I already did by a radar, I have to pay the fine and be quiet. You broke the law, and you know man, just because others do it, doesn't mean you can do it too. Who knows the car in-front was another police officer trying to make you speed? It happens often at Portugal, called the "ticket hunting".