Utah Girl Killed In Accidental Shooting

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A 12-year-old girl was accidentally shot and killed Sunday by a younger sibling at their home in Kaysville, according to police.
Authorities say that the shooting happened around 2:30 p.m. Emergency workers at the scene attempted "life-saving measures," but the girl "eventually succumbed to her injuries."
Kaysville police have not released the name of the victim or the younger sibling who fired the fatal shot.
Friends and neighbors say earlier in the day the girl spoke in church expressing gratitude for her family.
"She spoke in church today," the girl's friend, Morgan Mojica. "The last thing she said is that she loves her family."
"She was saying how grateful she was for her family and how her friends and her mom and dad are the best things in her life," added Jill Bowden, a neighbor that attended the same church.
Another neighbor, Steve Farnes, said the neighborhood will come together to support the family and others affected by the incident.
"It is a sad, sad day for our community here," Farnes said.
Police have not released any other information about the shooting, noting the incident is still under investigation.
[video=youtube_share;6mfHifoiFyA]http://youtu.be/6mfHifoiFyA[/video]

Attachments

• Kaysvillehome.jpg
    Kaysvillehome.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,782
Last edited by a moderator:

Onionman

Another sad shooting story. We all know the debate and I'm not going to argue the rights and wrongs of gun use and control. But it's a shame that such a young life had to be lost because another child made a mistake.

Strykstar

This needs a greater coverage, this shows what's wrong with our gun control policies, we're the only modern country where people can openly have things like automatic rifles, of course this leads to tragedies like this.

Gelsemium

How sad can this be, a 12 year old killed by a shooting, if this doesn't bring gun control to the light I don't know what will.

Peninha

There are a number of cases where innocent by-standers lose their lives and it's about time that someone takes some measures about it.

caparica007

That is true Peninha, but how can criminality be controlled? These days anyone can get a gun and start shooting around.

Allison2021

I am sadden for that girl's family and community.

However, here is another story that a Useless Gun Control Law would not have prevented. I assume that one of her parents legally obtained the gun. Therefore, any law would not have prevented the legal selling of that gun. The great misfortune may have been children, out of natural curiosity, playing with a gun they hadn't known was loaded.

Peninha

That is why guns are a hazard no matter how they are obtained, I have never touched in a gun in my life and I don't intend to.

mimsee

This just goes to show how broken our gun laws are. When guns are so readily available to the public and the parents are so irresponsible with locking it away that a child has easy access to SHOOT THEIR SIBLING, something is seriously wrong. While I feel for the family for losing their child, it is 100% their fault for not keeping the gun in a more secure/safe place away from a child's grasp.

mairj23

Looks like another case of child neglect. The parents should be charged. Why don't these people with guns, lock them up and out of sight? Now a child is dead and cant be replaced because of the parents ignorance and laziness.