Woman slashes her children's throats to quiet them, police say

Rainman

This is why I always say some people should never be allowed to procreate because they don't know how they'll raise the kids. There's more to parenting than just bearing a kid.

A young mother in Washington state has been charged with attempted murder after authorities say she cut her children's throats in an attempt to keep them quiet.
And she called 911 to report that her children were crying uncontrollably. Well, what did she expect after slashing the kid's throats?
police saw the twins on the couch crying "uncontrollably" and "bleeding from their necks."

One officer then went upstairs and found the couple's 2-year-old in bed, under the covers with "dry blood all over her."

You can read the entire article here:
Woman slashes her children's throats to quiet them, police say - CNN.com

Shimus

Whoa. That is F'ed up man. I just read that whole article and that mother....she's a frickin' whackjob. I can't believe people like this do stuff like this and then call on themselves trying to make it look better. It just makes you look more crazy.

partlysunny

Ugh. What a disgusting story. Every parent gets frustrated by their kids sometimes, but to do something so violent and cruel...that makes no sense. Where's the motherly instinct in that? If she was feeling that angry at them, why not give them up for adoption?

There are so many people who want to have kids and can't. It makes no sense for parents to keep their kids if they're just going to treat them cruelly.

missbishi

What a terrible story. I am willing to bet that this isn't an isolated incident and that those poor kids have endured a lot of abuse in their short little lives.

I think that this is more serious than just post-partum depression. Millions of mothers all around the world suffer from this condition but manage not to harm their children. Hopefully, there will be a psychiatric intervention as I believe that her problems are much more serious.

What do you all think about the husband's role in this? Do you believe that he is as bad as his wife made out?

Kittyworker

This is nuts. What the hell kind of parent would do this to their child.

If you aren't prepared for kids than don't have them. If they are too much for you than give them up. I don't think she intended to murder the children, but thats no excuse.

It doesn't sound like the husband knew what his wife was doing and tried to help when he did find the children. I don't blame him as sometimes you just don't know that someone is going to do something stupid.

mrsbright

What a terrible story. I am willing to bet that this isn't an isolated incident and that those poor kids have endured a lot of abuse in their short little lives.

I think that this is more serious than just post-partum depression. Millions of mothers all around the world suffer from this condition but manage not to harm their children. Hopefully, there will be a psychiatric intervention as I believe that her problems are much more serious.

What do you all think about the husband's role in this? Do you believe that he is as bad as his wife made out?

Well, I think post-partum depression can lead to this, and has led to the death of the kids and/or the mother in many cases. I think though as we get more awareness, the partner sees it more and can help in? If it's not this, then she probably for sure has another mental illness.

thegrey1

I can't really blame post- partum in this situation. I suffered from terrible post-partum depression and it was the loneliest I have ever been. There were times when in retrospect, I know was on the brink of full-blown psychosis. But I would not have harmed my child! I would have handed her over to someone else for awhile until I got my act together. Unless there is already some psychotic activity going on (as in the case of Andrea Yates ), I don't think post-partum depression turns you into a raging lunatic who wants to torture and kill your innocent baby.

kana_marie

Banned
This is horrible! I don't understand what's going on with people now a days. Every other day you're reading about these horrible in indents concerning parents doing the most horrible things to their children. It's really discouraging.