Would you rather be the most popular kid in school or the smartest kid in school?

davidj96

Personally I'd rather be the smartest kid in school rather than the most popular. If you're smart, you're grades will be excellent, and you'll have a good plan set up for once you graduate. If you're popular, that popularity will eventually wear off, and you wont get anywhere in life because you wont have the brain smarts. So I'd definitely rather be smart than popular!

headmaster

I definitely would rather be smart as that would be advantageous throughout my life. Popularity has its perks but that can go in a flash.

Muthoni

I would rather be the smartest kid in school than be more popular. The beauty of being smart is getting qualifying grades that have the power to open lucrative career doors in the future. There are so many people that were popular in school living mediocre lives today because they did not pay more attention to their grades.

DancingLady

I would rather not be popular, it seems like such a burden really. Being smart has a lot of longer lasting benefits, and not nearly so much attention. Even if a lot of people admire you for being smart, you aren't under the constant pressure to be social and outgoing like the popular people.

Whitewolf2578

Well it isn't really hollywood that does that sort of thing, I mean they are nerdy and weird. That part they actually got right. I remember at my HS all the smart kids were in "Math Club" I mean who really wants to do that kind of stuff when they get out of school, I wanted to relax. I would have picked the most popular, because you need to enjoy life at that age as being an adult sucks.

sharpayvargas1

Of course, the smartest one. Even in the movies, the smart guys in school tend to succeed in life while those who were popular in high school always end up getting ugly or anything that is not good. But lucky for me, I did not have to choose from being smart or popular because I experienced both at the same time. Being smart can make you popular too. Why not?

LuckyGirl08

This is sort of hard for me to choose. I was a little of both in high school. I had brains and beauty. I kept an A&B average and I was a cheerleader. Being popular has its advantages just like being smart. Being popular, you do not have to worry about being bullied. Being smart, you can finish school faster than others and go to the best college.

nikkilsvgs

If I knew back then what I knew now. Then I would want to be smarter that way I could have gone to college and fulfilled my dreams. As kids we think it is better for us to be popular and have as many friends and fun as possible in the school world. Hindsight is 20/20.

helaofthenorns

I would definitely choose to be the smartest in school even if I already was when I was still studying! :p Seriously though, being smart is more important than popularity. I always believed that popularity only lasts as long as your stay in a particular school. Once you get to highschool or college, popularity won't mean so much. You'll be too busy studying until midnight to think about your group of friends.

Also, have you seen what happened to Beef in Back to the Future?! He was very popular, but he turned out to be a cab driver in the end. I'm just kidding.

Josie

I did the popularity thing and I don't think it was worth it at all. It doesn't really benefit you in any way, other than to protect you from what the picked on go through I suppose. I would definitely have been the smart kid in school had they taught anything that interested me. So I didn't think I was all that intelligent.. even when I outdid everyone in the few subjects I did enjoy (art, biology, history, English etc).. had I been allowed to follow my own interests in school, I would have done great things with my school experience. But all that mattered, since the subjects put me to sleep, was the popularity. Not a good start.

bala

I would rather be the smartest one because with smartness you automatically get popular,at least not for the wrong reasons.I have always dreamt of being "smart" but more often than not,i had to scoff at myself.

shilpa123

I think that is great to be the smartest kid in school rather than the most popular. Your smartness takes you a long way but I do not think it is the same about being popular.

dyanmarie25

I've never wanted to be the center of attention, so I would definitely go with being the smartest kid in school rather than being popular. I like my weirdness and absurdity.