WOW! Just wow!

JoanMcWench

I just saw a report last night on the late news concerning this. The woman who directly responded to the call was trying to explain that she understood hunger & it helped her understand his position. I think it's amazing that he lasted as long as he did but perhaps there was a level of concern that he wouldn't be able to stay in his home & must be cared for now? I'm glad they opted for a CNA.

Diane Lane

Aww, I didn't see this thread before I created mine, but hopefully people will see one of them and be inspired to make a difference in someone's life.

tanker

The problem is most people think that one man can not make a difference. We seem to be buried in a sea of apathy. But we need more stories like this which shows that one person can make a difference.

LongShot

The man was in the hospital for months and then he went home alone with nobody to assist him? I know it says he gets checked on twice a week but it is amazing that the operator was willing to do that. We hear so much of all the bad that the good always gets covered up and thrown away. It is nice to hear more of the good and not to highlight all the evil 24/7.

dyanmarie25

Aww. This is such a feel-good story about kindness and trying to help other people. My faith in humanity has now been restored. I am looking forward to more news like this one.

Rainman

The old man was pretty lucky the dispatcher was kindhearted. Most people would have told him they'd send someone to check up on him. It's not their job to take care of old men who can't move around by themselves after all. There's proof that there are some good people in the world who live the golden rule.