You can kill people and get their remaining years. Would you accept this gift?

FuZyOn

I don't really know if I'd accept it or not. Immortality is something that I consider boring and 70+ years in a life for me it's more than enough.

missbishi

No, I wouldn't want to do that at all. I'd hate to be ancient and infirm, relying on other people to take me to the bathroom. Also, killing someone purely for their remaining years is an incredibly selfish thing to do. Would it be worth living with the guilt?

Shimus

When it comes down to it, unless they've wronged me, deserve the punishment, or are warranted in some other way I simply couldn't hurt the innocents who have family and members who care for them someplace. Even if they have nothing to do with me. I don't think I could. If they were the former however, I'd steal their lives away.

Rainman

There's isn't much to live for on this planet. There's pain, a lot of suffering, etc. Living long or being immortal in this world wouldn't be something I'd wish for. So killing someone or doing anything that would extend my life here is something I never will do.

dyanmarie25

No. I couldn't imagine killing people just for this reason alone. If I ever live a hundred years, I don't think I'll ever feel happy because I'll be watching the people I love die before me, and that's going to be very painful for me. I'm not actually afraid of dying anyway. If it's my time to pass, so then be it.

Josie

I wouldn't kill anyone for any reason, unless it was to save someone I suppose. Especially my family.

bala

No,that would make me feel guilty and would surmount to murder legally,or something pertinent to killing.I would be disgusted leading a life that way.
No i don't want to live on another person's years.

wahmed

No. How much life can you live and how well if you can't go to the toilet without assistance. A normal life span is fine for me.

bala

No. How much life can you live and how well if you can't go to the toilet without assistance. A normal life span is fine for me.
Can't go..? or can.
Also sounds like you have kept it simple there,don't u need anymore.?.I reckon you would be having more but might not wanna divulge info..:p :p

Shimus

I still think even when people are saying "No, never" they still think somewhere inside "I wonder.." because the question was asked. I know I'd take out scum left and right if I had the power. The cops around here target the wrong people anyways, harassing college kids not doing anything wrong while there's fourteen meth labs in the near vicinity and a dude on the corner who looks REALLY SHADY. Some of these people may even be peddling drugs to YOUR children (Assuming you have any) and could be constantly ruining the futures for many individuals. Could you really say you wouldn't stop them, give the power?

I wouldn't murder people just take their remaining years though. When you end up stealing extra time to live on, ironically most people wind up dead sooner.

oraclemay

No, all human life is precious and none of us have the right to take a life as we did not give it. What a selfish thing to do, to take people away from their family before their time. I do believe we are moving on to a better place and would not want to stay here anyway.

May102014

This is a very interesting question. Reminds me of a TV show, I think it was "Highlander" wherein you cannot take all that person's power unless you cut-off his head. This is similar to killing a person to get their remaining years added to your remaining years. If something like this would happen, most likely the children will become the victims of this killing.

I am contented with what I have, including lifeline. I don't believe in killing others just so you could live longer. Each one of us has been given our own life to live and we do not have the right to get or end someone else's life. When it's your time, it's your time. You need to exit gracefully so you will be remembered lovingly.

If it meant that the killer would retain some vitality and youth as well, then the murder rate will shoot through the roof. There will always be someone who would want to live forever and see others as things to be used, rather than fellow human beings.

If you just grow older and older I don't think people would do it much because to be forever feeble and old is a torment, especially if there is a chronic disease involved.