12-Year-Old Girl Busted for Using Stolen Checks

kwalsh477

A young girl in Mérignac, near Bordeaux, wrote 21 bad checks, made out for a total of 2,500, to buy pastries, candy, and even some fast food. The 12 year old girl stole her neighbor's checkbook in March and had been using the checks for several months. When the bakery tried to deposit the checks that they found out the girl wasn't as sweet as she appeared.

Jokester050288

Really! Who would even let a 12 year old use a check in a store. Can't really blame the child. It's kinda the parents fault for not teaching her right from wrong. Store clerks should have been aware of a kid using check without an adult being there but they only care about profits.

LuckyGirl08

You are so right jokester. Stores need to be more secure on the type of payment that they accept from children unless it is cash. The parents should have also taught their child not to steal, she must have learned it from them. I am surprised that nobody noticed all the candy she was getting, I am sure her parents was not giving her that much money for sweets.

DancingLady

No one had to teach her, we are all born knowing how to steal. I am surprised that it is even legal for a minor to write a check, that should have been a red flag that something was not right. I hope she is made to work, at minimum wage, to pay back every penny she stole. That is the only way we can really teach young people that there are serious consequences for their actions.

Profit5500

That is a depressed little girl to have been busted for fraudulent checks. I feel sorry for her since she would now have to spend time in a juvenile detention facility. Where are this girls parents in all this chaos? If I were the girls parents I would have made sure to discipline my child.

helaofthenorns

What? This is crazy. I wonder why it took several months for the girl to be caught anyway. I agree that business establishments should pay more attention to the checks they are receiving. Why would they even receive one from a kid?

Determined2014

A 12 year old , that is very young to already know how to write bad checks, that is sad, she needs to be diciplined in order to learn her lessons.

Rainman

12 isn't too young to learn about something like this but because we make the assumption that they don't know much they take advantage of that. But bad checks! Would it be something the kid learned from a book, hearing about it from friends . . . she just had to have heard about this somewhere. Will the parents be made to pay up for this? It would be unfair.

stevesxs9

I think its a combination of both being wrong. Because if the Bakery isn't concerned enough to thoroughly check this child out, then this is the consequence they should face. And even if the child wasn't taught at home, I'm sure someone has explained to her about stealing from others and how its frowned upon.

Muthoni

I think that there are people who have the blood of thievery in their veins. I went to visit a friend of mine who has a 9 year old daughter. I took her some cookies, when we went to the kitchen with her mom; she took and ate a sausage that was in my bag. I have never told her mom about it. This twelve year old girl is a professional thief at her tender age.

Allison2021

Are you kidding me? A 12 year old did that! Why aren't her parents in court for raising a thief?
That girl should be made to spend a year's time after school helping the elderly. Then she and her parents should be on probation for the next 4 years.