2 police officers shot during protests in Ferguson

Anthony

Super Moderator
Two police officers were hospitalized after being shot outside the Ferguson Police Department. One officer was hit in the face. The other officer was hit in the shoulder. Protesters gathered there after the police chief announced his resignation on Wednesday.

[video]https://youtu.be/qQrNAIro_TE[/video]

May102014

I saw the story this morning. People have a right to voice their opinions and come together to let it be known. It's just awful that someone took this gathering to a level of unnecessary violence against 2 individuals because they viewed the officers as the enemy. I hope for a full recovery for the officers who were doing their jobs and did not deserve this at all. I also hope the demonstrators will not be portray as trouble makers when the basic request is for simple equality without the presence of racial profiling or internal corruption.

missbishi

Ferguson's chief of police, Thomas Jackson, announced his resignation yesterday and the Mayor of Ferguson has stated that the police department is to be completely dismantled and reconstructed. So in light of these recent changes, today's attack seems completely pointless.

thegrey1

Personally I'd like to see it dismantled for several months! Without all those "racist" cops, I'm sure there would be absolutely NO crime in Ferguson! Sounds like a viable social experiment.

Rainman

Dismantling and rebuilding the police force will hardly make a difference. As long as WHITE cops are hired there will always be allegations that they are racist even if they aren't. Maybe they should hire more black police officers? Could be they could a better job "policing" their community.