911 Pocket Dial Leads to Arrests Of Burglary Suspects

Anthony

Super Moderator
pocketdial.jpg
Police in Roswell, New Mexico, say an accidental pocket-dial led to the arrest of two suspects in the burglary of a home. The incident took place immediately after the two committed the alleged burglary.
Police say one of the suspects inadvertently dialed 911 and discussed details of the alleged crime during their getaway while the call was being recorded, authorities said.
“We basically robbed them, dude,†said one of the suspects. As their 45 minute conversation went on, 911 dispatchers listened and recorded the confession.
“I know we should have gotten a lot more, but you know what, my only thing is that we got away safe, clean,†one of the suspects added.
The two suspects even mentioned the address of the property they had robbed. “We rolled over to Hervey Street and took it out of the [expletive] house.â€
According to authorities, police confirmed a burglary had taken place at the mentioned house.
Police then traced suspect's phone. The suspect denied that his phone dialed 911. He insisted the device “was picking up a conversation among people in an adjacent vehicle who were speaking very loudly,†according to police.
Aaron Burrell, 37, was charged with residential burglary, conspiracy to commit residential burglary and receiving-disposing of stolen property charges, according to authorities.
Yvonne Thyberg, 35 was charged with residential burglary, conspiracy to commit residential burglar and tampering with evidence in this case, according to authorities.
Burrell was held on a $10,000 cash only bond, Thyberg, a $5,000 surety bond. They will both make their first appearance in court Wednesday morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peninha

True, it's not the first case I read, they need to be dumb lol, next time they need to block the phone. :D

warmweatherwoman

YOU BIG DUMMY!!! (Red Foxx voice). Boy technology..it can either work for you, or completely work against you! LOL! Bet they are kicking themselves for this one!

Peninha

This always make me laugh, I wonder the look on their faces when they realized what gave them up... :D

SF13

This might be worse that what happened to my cousin's friend. The moron decided to break into a small business and take some things... but while he was there he typed his name on a typewriter. He was a young teenager so he only got a warning and a fine, I think. Can't recall.

Onionman

At least it saved the police from wasting time on crime they probably wouldn't have bothered solving. And if you're stupid enough to get caught that way you deserve everything you get. I just wish there were more dumb criminals like this and we could clean our streets of a lot more of them.