Amityville/DeFeo Murders 40th Anniversaty

Rhoda D'Ettore

The 40th Anniversary of the De Feo muders that took place in Amityville NY is quickly approaching. Ronald De Feo shot his family in cold blood, killing both his parents and four siblings. His lawyer came up with the "devil possessed me" defense. This snowballed into a best selling book and blockbuster movie claiming the house was haunted. With all the hype about the house over the decades, many people forget there was a true slaughter in the house.

So question: Do you think the Amityville house was haunted, or was this a feeble attempt to get away with murder?

DancingLady

I do believe that demon possession is possible and in such a case very probable, especially if weird and evil stuff was known to be going on in the household. I do not really think that makes an excuse in defense though. Is the house haunted? I don't really know, I do know that dark spiritual activity does happen and sometimes lingers around places where people involved in witchcraft and other dark activities have lived and practiced these things. This is not a situation I feel we can evaluate very well from outside though, so I wouldn't say anything conclusively, just my thoughts on what could have been going on.

Patrick

I can't say what really happend for sure, however if De Feo really did commit the murder he has summoned his own demons. The guilt will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Profit5500

The 40th Anniversary of the De Feo muders that took place in Amityville NY is quickly approaching. Ronald De Feo shot his family in cold blood, killing both his parents and four siblings. His lawyer came up with the "devil possessed me" defense. This snowballed into a best selling book and blockbuster movie claiming the house was haunted. With all the hype about the house over the decades, many people forget there was a true slaughter in the house.

So question: Do you think the Amityville house was haunted, or was this a feeble attempt to get away with murder?
I do not know Ronald DeFeo so I cannot gauge whether or not he is sane or crazy. I cannot speculate whether the house is haunted or it was just a whole mindless slaughter. I could say that if the Amityville house had some sort of history with murder then research it. Maybe a evil spirit could have possessed Ronald DeFeo and then left him after he had mudered his family.

Determined2014

If it was haunted then the last occuppiereswould have done t he same, or those who moved into that house after they had moved out would have done the same thing, apart from that we would have heard of similar cases where a haunted house caused someone to act in that manner, I would rather say he was possesed.

shreklock

If it was haunted then the last occuppiereswould have done t he same, or those who moved into that house after they had moved out would have done the same thing, apart from that we would have heard of similar cases where a haunted house caused someone to act in that manner, I would rather say he was possesed.
Eh, it could be that the demons were satisfied with the result and left the house :D. Though I am sure that this was a way to get away with murder, maybe he was intoxicated, didn't know what he was doing and then claimed that demons made him do it.