Are we allowed to defend ourselves in endangerment?

Rocky55119

Hey!

I have a very controversial topic to discuss, are we allowed to defend ourselves in life-threatening situations? Personally, I wouldn't care if its against the law or not, if someone starts beating me up to the point where I almost pass out I am going to fight back if law enforcement is not there yet.

The question is, are we allowed to defend ourselves in life-threatening situations like being beat up to the point of passing out? If not, what may the consequences be?

LitoLawless

It's not a controversial topic at all. Yes, you should defend yourself if someone is coming at you with the intent of doing you harm. You shouldn't even get to the point of almost passing out. It's called self-defense ,and it should be used whenever you feel your well-being is in danger.

Gelsemium

We have the universal right to fight for our lives, no one can question that, it's called self-defense.

GemmaRowlands

You are allowed to defend yourself reasonably, to an appropriate extent that means that you will be safe. However the problem arises when you get people murdering others saying that it was self defence - when their lives were never actually in danger in the first place. So that can definitely be a bit of a problem. You should remember that you do need to be safe, but you are only allowed to use a reasonable force that is right for the situation that you are in at the time.