At what age would you consider someone to be old?

kaitheteen

I don't really think you can ever consider yourself as old. There's always going to be people older and younger than you. Just keep your head up because age doesn't matter!

Kate

When i asked my mother what her age was for the first time ever, she told me she was 40 so from then on, i've always unconsciously/unintentionally considered 40 to be old because the person would be old enough to be my mother, get it? But i think maybe 60 is old.

To be philosophical for a minute here, the first thing that came to my mind was that "old" is when someone gives up trying to learn new things and stay active. When the mind is no longer active and we don't want to learn and try new things... well then we're old no matter our physical age.

I guess that means a 50 year old can be just as "old" as as an 80 year old.

Kate

I don't really think you can ever consider yourself as old. There's always going to be people older and younger than you.

I think my neighbor would dispute this statement. She's 98 or 99 and has said that there aren't too many people older than she is. :D Oldest person in church, oldest person in town, most likely one of the oldest in the county and/or state!

dannybuntu

I think after 68, Old is old. I'm 34 and my son always jokes and says I'm middle aged. It's so annoying! lol

Egads! I'd rather have 40 to 50 as middle aged. 30's is the best age to be in. Freedom from parents, supposedly stable income, career growth, etc.

Lol!

We are at the prime of our lives. Even though sometimes, I feel like my back is killing me,

Everybodies got their own age that they consider 'Old' and there are too many to have quite frankly one correct answer. I think it is so cute how people try to figure out what age would be considered old because you only get one life, and really its not long at all. Life is very short, but atleast it is beautiful and created by a beautiful savior. Some people believe as young as 20 is old, but that is not the case. I think you have to have atleast lived 4 decades before we consider you 'Old' so 40 years old is the age I would consider Old. What about you?

Profit5500

I would always consider the age 80 to be old to me. Although there are people who can live up to 100 years old. If I am 40 years old I would not consider that to be old like some people would say.

Dunkel

When you start to make grunt noise every time you lift yourself out a chair, when you pick up something from the floor and let out a small, "ahh"; when your back starts to hurt, when you start shouting, "get of my lawn you punks!". That's my personal opinion.

headmaster

I guess that is relative. When I was in my teens, a forty year old person was ancient. Now I am aged forty plus and I still feel young (mentally of course). I am sure if I am more physically active and exercise more, I will soon feel as if I am back to my teens again.

Ricardo187

From what I can see on my family, after the 60-65 is when people start having a hard time doing certain things, getting tired faster, disabled from moving as good as us, etc.

sharpayvargas1

For me, the age to be considered old depends on how old I am as of the moment I answer the question. When I was in the grade school, I thought, I'd be old if I reach college. When I was in college, I thought I'd be old if I reach 40. Now that I'm 24, I think I'd be old by my 60th birthday. That's how I perceive it. I believe it's in the human nature to deny as much as possible that you're already old. Or you really are old when you already accepted that you are.

dariel2323

That is relative and depends of each person. There are many people think that being 50 years old is old. There are others say that not. Others think that 60 is much and others not. But I think that depends of the sentiment of everyone.

LuckyGirl08

I consider to anybody 18+ years older than me to be old. Sometimes when I call people old it offends them and they tell me "I'm not old, your gonna be my age one day." I understand that but until I reach that age then I will always consider them to be old.

helaofthenorns

I guess for someone to be considered old, he or she should be 60. That's the required age here in the Philippines for someone to be called a senior citizen. I think that 40 is still young.

Josie

I know young old people, so it's all in how someone treats themselves. Like my mother for example. She's always taken the easy route with her health. Take pills instead of eating right, antidepressants instead of.. well, I won't go there lol, I'd hate to offend anyone. These medicines age you! She looks at least ten years older than she should and has for quite a long time now. Her father on the other hand, was energetic and youthful looking until the day he died. It's not age.

aparsons

I think it all depends on the individual. I think that old is a state of mind, the point where you feel you "prime" is over. For example, my great-grandmother just turned 90 years old. We had a huge party with her for my whole family and she was on the dance floor dancing away all night. I could hardly keep up with her. I truly believe that you are as old as you feel.

bala

If old is "Physically old" then i reckon 55-60 should be the ideal range to be called old,because till then most people tend to be active,but if we are talking about mentally old then i reckon even an 80 yr old can be young or an 18 yr old can be "old".it is all on how they perceive things.

kana_marie

Banned
Well, I'm 38 so I guess I would have to say anything above 32. That's about when I started feeling like I was old. That's also about the time I stop calling people 'kids'

donnalynn47

Old to me is now lol. I'm 46 and I hate it with a passion my beautiful youth is gone and the visual signs of age are all over my body not to mention the inside. Once you start aging it's a really repaid down hill slope.

dyanmarie25

I don't know. Some people are old at 22, and some people are young at 80. It depends on your mentality. Age is just a number anyway.