Ax Wielding Criminals

Rhoda D'Ettore

First a guy in NY attacks an officer with an ax, now someone in DC does? Is there some symbolism involved in this that escaped me? I did not read the whole articles, but I know the first one was a "wannabe" jihadist. Does anyone know if the DC guy was?

Patrick

No details so far, but if the criminal was also a jihadist it would be be a really big cause for concern, as to how far such a dangerous ideology has spread.

Rhoda D'Ettore

The first one was not even accepted by the jihadist. it seems as though some of these "lost souls" who want to belong somewhere are using this as an excuse. The real terrorist do not want to acknowledge or accept them. How depraved must you be to embrace the faith of another world, then vow to do their bidding.. when they are not even bidding you!

Gin0710

Yeah there seems to be a trend going on with axes and machetes. Either someone has been watching too many slasher films or they're realizing they can't pass a stupid background check for a gun so they're using blades instead. (No background check required.) I read a story a few weeks ago about a man in Seattle who was going around stabbing people and enjoying it. Why is this happening? What is wrong with people?

DancingLady

People are evil, that's really what it comes down to. If they don't have access to a gun, they will use what they have. Maybe they have been influenced by video games. I know that is a pretty hot button, but I have always believed that watching a lot of violence desensitizes a person to it and makes them more likely to act violently.

Gelsemium

Attacking someone with an ax is something that makes no sense, what are they aiming? It seems something made out of an impulse.

pattycake

First a guy in NY attacks an officer with an ax, now someone in DC does? Is there some symbolism involved in this that escaped me? I did not read the whole articles, but I know the first one was a "wannabe" jihadist. Does anyone know if the DC guy was?

I haven't bothered with either story, but the second ax attack is probably just a copycat act. Certain incidents draw out copycats who feels inspired by it. The copycat has the same opinion as the perp on the attack, and the reason why another person copies the incident. Like somebody who don't like cops, would be inspired by an attack on a cop of any kind and may perform a copy of it on somebody else.

Determined2014

I do not think a jihadist wold use an axe and not finish the job. a jihadist would actually chop the head off, I guess they are trying to fit somewhere.

Rainman

The Muslim extremist who attacked rookie cops with a hatchet last week was “a crusader seeking justice’’ — and more assaults will likely follow, the head of his local New Black Panther Party warned.
Disgusting, right? How can someone in his right mind even think the attack on an innocent person was right? Yeah, they claim that that's a response to police brutality
“We need to have some type of deterrent and real oversight to deter the police from violating the laws and to know they are not above the laws.”
Great! That certainly is the best way to make the cops like you.

Gelsemium

No one is above the law, but using an ax to "fix" that sound a little unbelievable, that's not justice either of course.

Profit5500

So much for the AXE bodyspray lol. An ax being used against a police officer does sound disturbing. There was some sort of murderer years ago who used an ax to murder people in the household. Sad part was that it was a innocent family a wife, father, and three children were murdered by a nutjob. I feel that the ax is just dangerous and has always had an eerie feel to it when someone uses the ax to kill someone.

Nate5

News like these disgust me. I just don't understand how some people can warp their perception on religion so deeply that they think it's justified for attack people with axes. I don't think there is a rise, I think it's just that axes and knives are much more easily come by than firearms. But no matter what, I hope these people are punished accordingly.

Peninha

People are more and more insane these days, but ax attacks are really something other, impossible to predict something like that though.

ally79

I think the ax and knife wielding criminals have gotten the idea from all of the news stories about the knife attacks in China. I think the stories out of China just go to show that it doesn't matter if you have gun control, people who want to kill will find a way to kill.