Barber Arrested On Suspicion Of Slashing Customer's Neck

Anthony

Super Moderator
barberarrested.jpg
A San Diego County barber was charged Monday night with attempted murder by allegedly cutting the throat of a customer with a straight edge razor during a shave.
Daniel Flores, 22, was arrested after police found Timothy Paul Vaughn, 33, lying on the floor of the barbershop "bleeding profusely from the throat area," said San Diego County Sheriff Sgt. Leonel Gurrola.
The victim had "multiple cuts to the center part of his throat under his chin," according to Sgt. Leonel Gurrota.
Flores was working at Vic's Barbershop in Imperial Beach when he allegedly cut Vaughn's throat multiple times before he walked out, leaving the victim bleeding.
Vaughn was transported to the local hospital and is in critical condition. Gurrota said the injuries are not considered life threatening.
Flores was later arrested without incident. Police are still looking into a motive for the attack.
Flores is reportedly being held without bail and is due to appear in court Thursday afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strykstar

This makes me scared of going to the barber!
It could have just been an accident of course but if it says he had multiple cuts then it seems like attempted murder.

Muthoni

There are so many bad things lucking in the corners when we go out to face the world. It is so unfortunate that Daniel met with a criminal when all he wanted was a shave. I hope that he makes a full recovery and gets on with his productive life. This criminal has a case to answer.

caparica007

I've never shaved in a barber and after reading this I think I never will, those guys have literally our life in the hands.

mimsee

I never understood how men could put their lives literally in another man's hands just to get a closer shave..I'm thankful that I've never had to worry about that! I hope the man make's a full recovery, but I also wonder...what could've happened that caused the barber to snap?

dolittle94

So has Sweeny Todd's Barbershop come to life or what? This man just cut him up multiple times and then walked out of the shop like it was nothing. I think they should stop looking for a motive and just throw him in the nearest loony bin drugged up with all kinds of medication to make him docile. That may sound a little messed up, but come on; even with a motive that is just bizarrely insane.

Sweetheart

A straight razor shave is difficult and you need to be skilled. He's 22 years old, a few years out of barber school. I would need to see the barber and talk to him. This seems like more of a mistake than anything. Personally I don't know why they still allow the straight razor shave in barber shops. They did away with certain tools that manicurists use. Maybe its time to do away with this tool. Come up with a safer one.