Boy, 15, drowns...

cpefley

This is a local news story about a boy that drowned in a swimming pool. At the end of the article, it notes that you should watch your young children at the pool. The problem is, 15 is not a young child to me. In fact, most pools say that children 14 and over don't need supervision. I think this is a freak accident, and don't blame it on poor supervision. What do you think?

*I tried to post a link, but apparently I'm not allowed to do that...

bala

They would have thought,he was a grown up capable of sustaining and swimming in the water.Nevertheless,it surely is a freakish accident,but honestly people can't be supervising them all the time right.?
I would say the boy had a tough luck.

helaofthenorns

Maybe bad luck. Maybe, it was just the boy's time. Someone who is already 15 years old does not need constant adult supervision anymore. Anyway, it's just sad that he didn't get to live a long and full life.

Whitewolf2578

Was the boy mentally retarded? Because that is the only explanation of someone drowning that age. Or maybe he couldn't swim in the deep end but wanted to be brave so he tried to. I blame the parents or whoever was supposed to be around watching anyone swim in the pool.

GemmaRowlands

As part of the local police force in my area, I actually feel that it is my duty to help to inform people of the dangers of areas such as this. Drowning is becoming more and more common, and the simple fact is that far too many people (a) overestimate their abilities as swimmers and (b) underestimate the strength of the water that they're swimming in. I like to go into schools to hold talks, using examples like this to try to get my point across. On the whole, I do think it works, but we need a lot of help to try and spread the message even further now.

Muthoni

This is definitely an accident; maybe he got sick while in the pool and could not be able to get out. It is so unfortunate that it ended this way. No one plans how they will die; no amount of supervision could have prevented this tragedy.

oraclemay

Perhaps he could not swim. People have drowned on a glass of water. This is not uncommon. it could have happened to anyone. It is very sad.

JoshPosh

Banned
We don't have all the details so hard to make an judgement call on that on it. In Hawaii where I'm from, kids go swimming all the time without parental supervision. It's a part of our culture. this incident could be a freak accident. A 15 year old is not a toddler. He or she is a borderline adult.

joshua minaya

This is the more reason why it i very important for one to be extra careful when it comes to swimming pools.The reason is because even adults can also drown in swimming pools if they are not careful.