California Man Accused Of Intentionally Spreading HIV

Anthony

Super Moderator
Guerra.jpg
Thomas Guerra, who also goes by the name of Ashton Chavez, allegedly infected at least 24 men in and around the San Diego area. The 29-year-old who works as a landscape architect claims he is the grand-nephew of civil rights leader Cesar Chavez.
He is now being investigated by the San Diego City Attorney's Office for intentionally spreading HIV to as many victims as possible.
"It's criminal, it's sociopathic. He has no understanding, any attempt to care for what these people are going through," said a person who asked to remain anonymous.
A person who told authorities he was infected by Guerra said he wanted to warn others about his alleged actions. "I know of 24 individuals that have been impacted by this. I'm hearing that there could be hundreds," he said. "His behavior needs to stop," he added.
[video=youtube_share;b_wHVSHJ70c]http://youtu.be/b_wHVSHJ70c[/video]
A police report shows numerous text messages and emails where Guerra tells others he is HIV negative. After the suspect had sex with the person, he then brags about infecting the person in other messages.
According to law enforcement the case is currently being investigated as a misdemeanor. However if investigators can prove it was intentional, it would be raised to a felony charge.
Stay tuned for the latest on this developing story.

Last edited by a moderator:

urbanletter

No question, this should certainly be a felony charge. In situations like this, it makes me think maybe the health department should keep close tabs on people with infectious diseases. This guy has no regards for human life. Just because he contracted a disease he wants to spread it to others? Sick fool.

sharpayvargas1

Is this guy gay? It's not clearly stated in the news. What it only says is that he allegedly infected 24 men. Whether or not he's gay, he still needs to learn a lesson. If it's true that he intentionally infected those people, he's liable for the illness that he had given them. It's about physical damage. If it's not true, he's till liable for humiliation. That's what we call moral damage.

Muthoni

What this man is doing is no different from someone who goes out and kills someone. It is even worse because of his malicious intention of infecting as many people as he can. Besides he goes ahead and gloats about it. He needs to be as far away from the general public as possible.

headmaster

It says that '...he then brags about infecting the person in other messages.' Shouldn't this be considered murder or manslaughter at the least?

My worry is that there are still people who are having unprotected sex strangers, without making sure of the other person's HIV status.

LuckyGirl08

This reminds me of a story that I heard about a couple months ago where a female was doing the same thing. This is wrong in so many was but no body knows why he is doing it or how he ended up getting this HIV. Most people that target a certain gender to intentionally spread HIV to has some type of reason. I know that the female that done this claimed that her reason was because she was gang raped by men and that is how she attracted the disease. She later went on and said that she will make every man pay for what happened to her. HIV is a real serious disease to even attract, that is why I always make my partner get checked before I even do anything with him.