Can bad credit be an issue?

reesek8

It depends on the agency. My police department will disqualify applicants that has very bad credit or has filed for bankruptcy.

Marishu

I think so because you have bad credit score and might not be able to let you in because my friend told me that they won't let him in cause of bad credit.

milyjohnson

I think it might be an issue too. A lot of jobs check your credit history before hiring you. They may frown upon hiring people with bad credit. I'm not sure of that for a fact. I will have to ask my brother and friend and see if their police departments have a problem hiring people with bad credit.

js85

I've never even thought of that - very interesting question. I wonder why?

Profit5500

I heard that bad credit can affect your chances in becoming a police officer. You better check your score if its that bad then you might not be able to be a cop.

GemmaRowlands

Yes, it might be a problem, but it will all depend on the situation. If there is a reason that you have a bad credit score, that is genuinely out of your control, then they may say that they will allow it and choose to hire you anyway. If you are disorganised with your finances then they will not want to hire you because it means that you will lack certain traits that they will see to be necessary - police officers need to be completely on the ball, and if you can't be in your personal life then chances are you wouldn't be able to in your career either.