bala

Sounds like a tricky question,but why exactly..?
because unless we know some numbers or random predictions we really can't figure it out right..?
I would say,the chances of them having a family,wit children are a 40 odd %.

I was just wondering if, on the forces people worked on, the majority of people had children and families. I wanted to know if policemen are less or more likely than civilians to have families, or if when they get families they change lines of work.

Rainman

I don't think there's any reason for a cop not be married just because they are cops. Like Josh, most cops I know are married [and have kids]. Much as the work they do is risky, the risk factor doesn't make them be wary about starting a family because [the family] will be targeted by people who'd like to get back at them for having made an arrest or something. Under the uniform cops just are normal people who want to love and be loved.

januz101

I was just wondering if, on the forces people worked on, the majority of people had children and families. I wanted to know if policemen are less or more likely than civilians to have families, or if when they get families they change lines of work.

I get what you mean, you think that being a cop is very risky and that when they are going to have a family they might decide to change jobs. Being a police officer implies that you are willing to take risks. Because you already swore an oath to protect and serve. And that's something that you should be proud of.

Riggy

Don't really know what this question has to do with anything, but every officer I know/knew has a family. Mostly small with one or two children.

milyjohnson

My brother and friend have kids and it's not a problem for them. They are able to spend as much time with their kids as people without kids. It's not as easy as they would like, but they are able to spend time with their kids.

js85

I don't think it's a big question really - cops are just normal people. Some will have families, some won't. They're still human. :)

oraclemay

Police are the same as any other people. They also have families and homes. They lead normal lives just the same as others do and hope for the best.