Compared to the days of Dukes of Hazard...

ABC123

Compared to the days of Dukes of Hazard, what advancements in car chases are there? How are they handled differently? How are they handled in general today? Do some states have more car chases then other annually? Just curiosity.

JoanMcWench

Are you saying car CRASHES or do you mean cache of cars? I think it's tough to answer this one because of the typos. Also, maybe the 'annually' part made it a tad confusing as well.

kana_marie

Banned
Now that the cars are made out of fiberglass as opposed to the General Lee, which was made out of metal, I would guess the outcome is a lot worse. The car sustains more damage, as well as the people inside the car.

As far as the difference between states, if you mean per capita, that's a good question! I'd like to know the answer to that, myself.

ABC123

I did mean car chases. Sorry for my misspelling and misleading in regard to my question. Thank you for asking to clarify.

ABC123

Yes, I am aware that cars today pretty much collapse upon impact. They are pushed into itself like an accordion. I witnessed it first hand on my own car crash. I was asking about how cops handle people who decide to try and outrun them in a car chase. How often does it happen today that people think they can escape by driving faster then the authorities.