Dad Charged With Murder, Son Killed Inside Washing Machine

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A Texas man has been charged with the murder after police say his 4-year-old son died after being put in a washing machine.

According to reports, Joseph Blocker, 28, called 911 on Tuesday afternoon to report that his son, Koda, was unconscious at their home. Authorities say the boy had already passed away when first responders arrived to the home.

It appeared that the boy had sustained his fatal injuries from being inside the front-loading washing machine. Police did not say whether or not the dad put his son in the washing machine, however they did say that it’s a front loading machine that must be closed and switched on from the outside.

"What we feel is at some point the child was inside the washing machine in the home," police spokesman Officer Joe Harn said. "From what we know about the washing machine...that door has to be shut, and then someone has to push a button on the outside to get that started," Harn said . "It does not start by automatically shutting that door."

Harn said investigators are trying to put the pieces together in the moments just before the boy died. "How did he get there? How did he get the door closed?" Harn said.

Police say Blocker and his other child, a 22-month-old girl, were home at the time of incident. The little girl was not injured and is now with her mother, who was out of state when the incident occurred.

Blocker was arrested at the scene. He is currently being held at the Garland Detention Center on $500,000 bond.

Attachments

• Blockercharged.jpg
    Blockercharged.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,491
Last edited by a moderator:

pattycake

Dad definitely put the boy in the machine and shut the door. Ump. Some dad. This reminds me of that lunatic dad who put his infant daughter in the microwave and the mother comes home and defends him and not her child. I just hope that the mother in this case has a better aptitude to care for her other child.

Sweetheart

Well you can't turn the washer on from the inside that is true, much less close the door. Quite an irrational thing to do. Really sad. I know a couple who have several adopted children from families that abused the kids before they adopted them. They are the sweetest children. Give the kid up for adoption there are plenty of people to take a child if you can't handle the responsibility.

Gelsemium

I don't get how these people are capable of doing these actions, I mean, a four year old inside a washing machine? :(