Dad Shot And Killed Son Following Argument About Watching Football

Anthony

Super Moderator
david-carrender.jpg

David Carrender, 49, confessed killing his son, 19-year-old Wyatt Carrender Sunday night inside the older man’s rural Morgan County home, Sheriff Robert Downey said.
“It appears the father retrieved a handgun and shot his son, it appears, six times,†Downey said.
The father tearfully admitted that he “killed the thing that he loved most in the world,†after shooting his son following an argument over football.
Witnesses told authorities that David Carrender was drinking while watching football with his son a restaurant. An argument began when Wyatt, the designated driver, took his father home before he was ready to leave, police said
Upon arriving home the argument turned into a physical confrontation and that is when the father went to retrieve a handgun and shot his son several times, authorities said.
"I heard a series of 4-5 gunshots real quick," "I heard what I assumed was the young boy's girlfriend scream. She was asking him the father why he had done it. She was just in terrible shape," neighbor Tony White told reporters.
Wyatt’s girlfriend Sabrina Canfield, who is three months pregnant, told police that she witnessed her boyfriend getting shot outside an upstairs bedroom by his dad.
She told police she Carrender shot his son, she her the father say "I always knew I was going to have to do something like this.â€
Authorities said this wasn’t the first time they had been called to the home.
The neighbor, White said his wife witnessed a similar scene earlier this summer.
"They got out in the yard and got to fighting, screaming. Someone was yelling, 'Put the gun away, put the gun away,'" he told WISH-TV. "Nothing really happened after that incident. That blew over."
David Carrender was arrested on a preliminary murder charge. He was held without bail Monday, according to Morgan County Sheriff Robert Downing.
Downing confirmed Carrender admitted he'd been drinking and confessed to killing his son. He also confirmed Sabrina Canfield witnessed the shooting.
"I loved him to pieces; he was my best friend," Sabrina Canfield said of boyfriend Wyatt Carrender. "He was just an upbeat happy guy. He was just always up for doing something."

Attachments

• zzzzDavid.jpg
    zzzzDavid.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 74