Dad Who Fatally Beat Daughter to Turn Her Gay Sentenced

Anthony

Super Moderator
Donovan.jpg
A Michigan dad was sentenced Monday to 18 to 40 years for beating his two-year-old daughter to death.
Donovan Lamar Haynes, 23, pleaded no contest in the Flint courtroom to second-degree murder for the 2011 killing of his little girl, Ti’Airra Woodward.
Haynes allegedly beat his daughter in hope she would become a lesbian so that she would not pursue men like him in the future.
Genesee Circuit Judge Joseph J. Farah said the allegations against Haynes were “astonishing†and among the most unconscionable
he’s heard during his time as a Judge. “You don’t beat her in hopes she’s going to turn gay,†Farah said.
The toddler was found unresponsive in the cellar of his mother’s Flint Township home. The little girl was rushed to the hospital, but was later pronounced dead.
Haynes’ attorney Elbert Hatchett called him “deranged.†He also said 'This case is a case that defies reason, logic, common sense,'
'It's a tragedy to see the life of an innocent child snuffed out for no reason at all.' I don’t have any sympathy for him. Hopefully, judge, he will repent.â€
After learning his sentence, Haynes reportedly smirked and showed no remorse whatsoever for the crime he had committed. Hatchett suggested that Haynes should undergo psychological counseling while in prison.
Flint Police Chief George Sippert said the little girl was the youngest homicide victim he could recall in 25 years with the police department.
'It's extremely tragic and I know it affects a lot of members of the police department that are investigating this case,' he said.
Medical examiner's report stated the toddler died of internal bleeding from a lacerated liver.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

When you think you have seen it all; here comes another one! I had actually thought I read the story wrong. This dad beat his two year old daughter so that she would turn gay? Unbelievable! I wonder what actually got into him; could something have taken over his being? I would like to know the answer to this one.