Deputy Asks For License, Gets Bag Of Chips

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

Port St. Lucie Sheriff's deputy responded to a call about a woman sitting in a parked vehicle who "appeared out of it".

When the deputy walked up to the vehicle, he found 60-year-old Frances Riney sitting behind the wheel. The keys were in the ignition, however the car was not running. He asked Riney for her driver's license, she instead handed him a bag of potato chips. When he told her the item in her hand was not her license, she handed him a bottled water. After he informed her again that it wasn't her license, she then allegedly grabbed up a bottle of vodka and took a swig.

"I asked Riney for her driver's license. She handed me a bag of chips and dropped them on the ground outside her vehicle," an affidavit stated. "I asked her again, and she handed me a bottle of water. When I told her she was giving me a bottle of water, she put it down, picked up a bottle of vodka and took a drink from it."

Riney, whose blood alcohol content measured at 0.2, which is more than twice the legal limit of 0.08 reportedly said to the deputy she had to drink. She was charged with a driving under the influence.

Attachments

• FrancesRiney.jpg
    FrancesRiney.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 173
  • Frances_Riney_1.jpg
    Frances_Riney_1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,844
Last edited:

mimsee

I know that this shouldn't be funny, but it is to me! She was so drunk that she thought her bag of potato chips and her bottle of water were both her drivers license. Oh, goodness. At first I thought it was a little harsh to have arrested her for a DUI when the car wasn't in motion, but the keys WERE in the ignition so I guess they used pretty good judgement as far as that.

Allison2021

Now that's funny!
She had some nerve. I'll bet she is no longer laughing or smiling.
It is sad what drinking alcohol and then going around in the public can do to anybody's reputation.
Always be careful!

Gelsemium

It's funny up to the point when she causes an accident, she was totally drunk and should be forbidden to drive.

Strykstar

Maybe she should have been taking swigs from the bottle of water instead.
It's sad to see that what seems like a sweet old lady is in fact a drunken menace to fellow drivers.

pattycake

Ump... Sounds like Alzheimers. Or let's just say that she played Alzheimer's. The deputy did right to slap a charge of dwi on her.

Muthoni

This should be a lesson to every young person who has never tasted alcohol to remain that way. Most young people think that it is cool to drink alcohol when they go out. I heard a discussion on the radio where someone said that people who do not drink alcohol are boring. This sixty year old portrays a different picture. She is a slave to alcohol, I hope she gets rehabilitated.

Gelsemium

Old people are a real menace on the roads even more if they have been drinking, this one seems totally delusional.

Peninha

Not all the old people Gel, but in this case you are right, she was a menace on and off the roads, even to herself.

Sweetheart

It's kind of sad actually. She wasn't helping the matter any with the chips. What is interesting about this is there is an alternative way to look at it. She basically wanted to get caught, which means she is still good. A person like this really doesn't want to continue this way or hurt anyone by drinking and driving. Making it obvious leads to getting her help and some attention.

donnalynn47

I'm sorry it's funny. Yes very sad as well poor lady needs some help. Glad she didn't end up killing anyone that day. Drinking and driving is no laughing matter. If people have to drink they have no business behind the wheel of a car.

tanker

I know that this shouldn't be funny, but it is to me! She was so drunk that she thought her bag of potato chips and her bottle of water were both her drivers license. Oh, goodness. At first I thought it was a little harsh to have arrested her for a DUI when the car wasn't in motion, but the keys WERE in the ignition so I guess they used pretty good judgement as far as that.

Other people are being sticks in the mud. Possibly the woman herself might even think it is funny after she sobers up, and after she finishes recovery. People when they are drinking often have no idea what they are doing. If she was at a bar or with friends, they should not have allowed her to drive.