Do you feel any of the laws you have to enforce are wrong?

thegrey1

Me too, because this is a GREAT question! I have often wondered the same thing. Hopefully someone will answer it.

Rainman

My two cents:

The reason why some cops suffer from PTSD is because sometimes they have to do things they don't want to but must do. I suppose that having to take children away from their parents for some reason can make police officers feel guilty but they just must do it [at times].

JoanMcWench

I would think it depends on where you are enforcing the law. It depends on the law, does it not? Not so much the officer. I can imagine if an officer agrees with what people are protesting but must keep the peace at said protest they may feel the desire to switch sides.

kana_marie

Banned
Laws I don't agree with was a major deterrent when figuring out what I wanted to be when i grew up. It wasn't the only deterrent, but definitely one of them. I've seen with my own eyes that they are given a lot of opportunity to use their own discretion. If they have to do things they don't agree with and it goes against every fiber of their being then they should find another job. If they do something that makes them cry their self to sleep at night, wake up, and do it again then there's something very wrong.