Driver Accused Of Hitting Woman With Car

Anthony

Super Moderator
Uzong.jpg
Minneapolis police have arrested Vanessa Uzong. The 24-year-old Minneapolis woman is accused of purposely slamming into a woman with her car in downtown Minneapolis.
Authorities say the incident happened Saturday around about 1 a.m.
Witnesses told police that Uzong drove straight at the victim, Miera Horton, 26, and even swerved towards her when Horton attempted to move out of the way. Horton was then hit and dragged by the car, which also rear-ended another car.
Horton was sent to the hospital, the status of her condition is unknown at this time.
According to law enforcement, Uzong confessed to being the driver of the car at the time of the incident.
Police say Uzong was booked into Hennepin County Jail, she has not been charged yet.
She is being held on suspicion of assault with a dangerous weapon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

This is the kind of story that makes me wonder why people do the things that they do. She purposely decided to destroy her future and hurt someone in the process. It would have been so much easier to just drive home to deal with what was disturbing her. I hope that Horton makes a full recovery so that she can live her life to the fullest.

Peninha

I don't understand how can someone act like this, Horton is in the hospital, I'd like to know if she's better by now.

Strykstar

This just seems like a simple hit-and-run to me, nothing out of the ordinary.
She probably just hit the other person by accident and in the panic tried to drive away.

pattycake

I wonder why she did that? There had to be a motive for the attack. Maybe it was a rivalry thing over a guy. Or possibly gang related. Maybe we'll hear something more about it later on.

pattycake

This just seems like a simple hit-and-run to me, nothing out of the ordinary.
She probably just hit the other person by accident and in the panic tried to drive away.

No, the story describes the driver chasing the victim down with her vehicle, and as she ran the motorist steered toward her every move to get out of the way.